Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cars with voice only Bluetooth works with mobile phone SatNav.

Konrad C

This is for those with the standard stereo with bluetooth from 2009, will know that it only supports phone calls. music streaming is not supported. I thought this also applied to mobile phone sat-nav.

Yesterday I decided to use one of my phones - Nokia 625 with Here Drive. As soon as the phone connected to the cars bluetooth, the voice direction commands came out through the front right speaker, same as voice calls. At the same time the stereo displays "Talking" while giving the 'nav command. Whilst the music is on, it will be interrupted so the direction can be heard. 

This was seamless with hardly any delay switching between 'nav commands and music. For me this is better than having built-in sat-nav, because I get up to date maps and more flexible way of inputting and traffic alerts. I also own a Samsung Galaxy, so may test that. I have a second bluetooth via the USB adaptor, but may try it on the cars system.     

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, waqar_lionheart said:

Did you try to play music on your nokia?

I tried before with both my phones. No luck. In my old car using the Novero bluetooth kit, both phones can stream music

Remember, I also have a Bluetooth/USB adaptor plugged into the rear of the stereo. I can stream music through that, plus use a second phone.   

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links