Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2007 auris 1.6 mmt clutch replacement

Blaz11

Want to change clutch in future, but when serching web for cluch kits few pop up, all with diferent diameter. Do you know diameter and what make you recomended for not so expensive replacement ??

i dont think you will have much choice about the cost of replacing the clutch if its anything like the mmt aygo's clutch as it has to be changed by toyota at around £800.

I don't think it need to be changed by toyota. In the end its just normal clutch, you just need to manualy reset the parameters of the servo and actuator. Then just change it like normal every normal clutch and when you finish you need to initialise ECU, clutch and trany. I just need to find out clutch diameter...searching on web and can't find answer :( 

when we had our mmt aygo i went to a local auto transmission centre and we were told that the ecu is

locked down so only toyota software can be used to reset the clutch ,at £800 i sold the car and bought a new car instead

I find on web how to do it manualy (its relly simple you just need to connect (using jumper wire)  4 and 13 terminal on obd socket. I will do it on Saturday as my gear change is so jerky on first and reverse gear. Many people done it and they said that car drive like new and cost you nothing(Toyota service can do it but they will charge fortune for plug in their scan tool IT2) 

• Like 1

how did the clutch change go on saturday ????

• Like 1

On 9/28/2016 at 8:18 PM, Blaz11 said:

I find on web how to do it manualy (its relly simple you just need to connect (using jumper wire)  4 and 13 terminal on obd socket. I will do it on Saturday as my gear change is so jerky on first and reverse gear. Many people done it and they said that car drive like new and cost you nothing(Toyota service can do it but they will charge fortune for plug in their scan tool IT2) 

1 hour ago, eygo said:

how did the clutch change go on saturday ????

Yes the old jumper wire or paper clip trick. There are a few hidden fixes using this method to find and clear faults. It was good on pre-OBD2 Toyota's, bfore the ECU changed to comply with the then new standard. 

I would love to hear the result too.  

• 4 weeks later...

I didint change clutch, just initialise ECU with jumper wire. The gear change still can be jerky,( first to second- but much smother then before) but when you put to first gear from standing still, car creap forward ( without stepping on accelerator) so just like new car !!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links