Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Emac service plans

Jtustin

Has anyone dealt with a company called emac for there service plan I have just had a quote for a 5 service plan for my 2013 Auris Excel tourer hybrid at £43 per month  for 42 month Inc 2 air con Regas with £ 46 up front  the car has just been serviced at 50 and is set up for 13 k a year I bought the car from RRG as they had the better deal than my local vantage which strangely have there own service plans which seem to work at as a better deal with a discount applied as well but dealer seems to think there not building everything into there plan and I will end up paying extra at the end also the presentation of the vantage one is much clearer where the emac one is sketchy to say the least

I bought Auris TS hybrid from an RRG last year (15 reg, pre-2015 facelift) and pay for the service plan but it's only £24.75 a month. It's for three years and includes the services and an MOT at the end. 

It would be helpful if you modified your profile to show what vehicle you have - certainly for future posts..

Emac act as administrators of the service plans that some dealers offer. They work across marques - for example our previous i20's service plan was also administered by Emac. The dealers set up the service plans and invoice Emac as and when work under the service plan occurs. If you have a query  over what the service plan provides, the dealer should provide more detail.

The one thing to check is that both service plans are set up under the revised service schedules that Toyota introduced earlier this year and that costs are based on Toyota's fixed price service scheme - see  https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/service-and-maintenance/car-servicing.json?utm_source=ToyotaOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks

One other thing to bear in mind is that having the car serviced every 13,000 miles doesn't fit with Toyota's servicing schedule, which is every 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first. This may have a bearing should you have a warranty claim which is dependent on the required servicing having being undertaken.

The other thing to consider is Toyota's Essential Care scheme (detailed in the above link), which provides reduced price servicing for vehicles over five years old. There is no reason why the services once the car is over five years old, cannot be priced under this scheme

£43 x 42 months = £1806 plus £46 up front, total = £1852.

That sounds expensive to me at £370 per service on average, but maybe I'm under-estimating the hybrid service costs.  

7 minutes ago, alan333 said:

£43 x 42 months = £1806 plus £46 up front, total = £1852.

That sounds expensive to me at £370 per service on average, but maybe I'm under-estimating the hybrid service costs.  

We don't know how many services that covers or if the car is being serviced on the time based or mileage based regime.

If you have a premium membership of this forum, you may be entitled to a discount on the service plan which may be more that the cost of the upgraded membership. 

A discount on a service plan isn't one of the Toyota Owners Club premium membership discounts - I've checked.

Premium member discounts does include a Halfords discount card (15% on in-store purchases in addition to any other promotions the store may be running, and 10% off bikes), up to 10% off AA membership and renewals, 10% at Euro Car Parts, etc.

Any TOC member can also get a 7% discount on ALA GAP insurance and their other insurance products - 

However, that doesn't prevent an individual TOC member, whether ordinary or premium, negotiating a service plan discount for themselves on the basis of TOC membership.

4 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

We don't know how many services that covers or if the car is being serviced on the time based or mileage based regime.

9 hours ago, Jtustin said:

I have just had a quote for a 5 service plan for my 2013 Auris Excel tourer hybrid

I was basing my figures on the 5 services originally mentioned.

The car is three years old, has done 50K, and is presumably set up for the mileage based servicing. Mileage based servicing should be every 10K, but the OP has stated it is set up for servicing at 13K. We don't know whether the last service was an Intermediate (which is normally due at 50K) or a Full (which if it has been serviced every 13K, would have been due at 52K). So the mix of Intermediate and Full services in the 5 service service plan is unclear.

Just an update the service plan is for 5 services 1 plus services 2 full 2 intermidite and 3 air con regas the last service at 50 on purchase was intermediate the next one is full plus I have the plan set at 13 k per year with services done at the manufactures  10 k so done around every 8 months its  actually 37 payments at £43 per month so working out doesn't seem to be as bad as I thought with mots at 25 extra looking at vantage quote in more detail the fiquires seem to be manipulated a bit with items extra to the plan eg hybrid health check,brake fluid,spark plugs etc extra usually normally service items!where the emac one is inclusive

My first thoughts were it sounds expensive to.

Different car but I pay Emac £15.15 per month for a 7 year deal on my Auris 1.33L. That covers all standard and recommended maintenance (such as brake fluid changes) and MOT's. It been a very good deal for me, the last one all being well coming up next year.

My big criticism of the scheme (and I've mentioned this many times to Toyota) is that I get no documentation beyond a '10k. 20k etc service carried out' sheet. I would like a more itemised 'invoice' as I used to get when paying individually for services on my previous Corolla.

However you look at it, any dealer will be trying to maximise their income. 2 air con regas's in 42 months seems a bit excessive. I would expect a modern system used all year round to go for at least 4 or 5 years before a precautionary recharge was needed. I've had one (of my own choice, it wasn't recommended) at 4 years old.    

57 minutes ago, Mooly said:

My first thoughts were it sounds expensive to.

Different car but I pay Emac £15.15 per month for a 7 year deal on my Auris 1.33L. That covers all standard and recommended maintenance (such as brake fluid changes) and MOT's. It been a very good deal for me, the last one all being well coming up next year.

My big criticism of the scheme (and I've mentioned this many times to Toyota) is that I get no documentation beyond a '10k. 20k etc service carried out' sheet. I would like a more itemised 'invoice' as I used to get when paying individually for services on my previous Corolla.

In April, Toyota raised the prices of their servicing, and have made changes to the services. For the Auris, Intermediate services now cost £180, Full £330, and Full+ £390. Brake fluid changes for hybrids are now £60.

Examples of changes: replacement of air con filters included in Full and Full+; replacement of spark plugs or coolant included in Full+ as appropriate; etc. Though a free wash and vac is now included as part of every service.

Might be as well to check where yours stands are regards the revised content of the services.

Toyota have also introduced reduced price servicing for cars over five years old - Essential Care. Prices for a car under 2.2 litres are £100 for the Silver service (equivalent to an Intermediate service) and £180 for the Gold (equivcalent to Full). Essential Care satisfies extended warranty requirements. I did suggest the OP checks whether the service plan included the Essential Care services when the car is over five years old.

As regards the invoices, I get copies of the service invoices - with Emac's address blocked out - which you could probably get your dealer to agree to supply.

Thanks Frosty.

We had a what sounds like a 'Silver Service' on our ageing Corolla (13yrs old) this summer as it only does a very low mileage. The service on my Auris have been pretty much as outlined in the owners service book with brake fluid at 4yrs (from memory) and then every 2 thereafter. A/C filter was fitted at my request when I had a basic regas at 4 yrs old.

The pricing of servicing is certainly something to look at when considering my next car, and whether to go for a service plan or not.  

On 01/10/2016 at 7:09 AM, Jtustin said:

Has anyone dealt with a company called emac for there service plan I have just had a quote for a 5 service plan for my 2013 Auris Excel tourer hybrid at £43 per month  for 42 month Inc 2 air con Regas with £ 46 up front  the car has just been serviced at 50 and is set up for 13 k a year I bought the car from RRG as they had the better deal than my local vantage which strangely have there own service plans which seem to work at as a better deal with a discount applied as well but dealer seems to think there not building everything into there plan and I will end up paying extra at the end also the presentation of the vantage one is much clearer where the emac one is sketchy to say the least

That's different, normally its a 3 service plan. When i bought my used hybrid, the service plan was cheaper than my verso. Starting from nothing its 23 quid per month for 2 years. Which RRG did you go to?

8 minutes ago, Anthony Poli said:

That's different, normally its a 3 service plan. When i bought my used hybrid, the service plan was cheaper than my verso. Starting from nothing its 23 quid per month for 2 years. Which RRG did you go to?

A service plan can be for however long the customer wants, and if they're on the mileage based service regime they would require more than an annual service each year.

RRG Macclesfield having worked out the cost of the plan it does seem about £150 more exspensive over the term than pay as you go i have asked for a full breakdown when i had a plan with Vantage everthing was broken down in detail with this one it just this the 5 services and types

One thing to bear in mind is that Toyota have changed what is included within the service schedules, and some of what were service options, are now included within the services. So for example: air conditioning (pollen) filters, brake fluid changes, spark plug replacement are now included within the appropriate service. The services also include complimentary a wash & vac.

Your service plan with Vantage would have been with the previous service schedules, and whatever service options you had opted to include.

So you may not be comparing like with like.

Plus, as I've already outlined, once the car is over five years old, you can opt for the Essential Care services, which are cheaper. Though check which oil the dealer uses - you will wish to continue with 0W-20 - and if the dealer uses a different grade, either specify 0W-20 within your service plan/account or supply your own.

The service schedules and Essential Care are outlined in the link I included within the third post of this thread.

I have a service plan on my 2013 auris hybrid excel and i pay £23 a month for 3 services over 3 years, 3 aircon re gasses seems like a waste of money i would have them removed! 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links