Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lower cost replacement Sun Visor

IanML

On 10/2/2016 at 9:43 PM, IanML said:

I thought I would start a new topic on this, as my original reply is buried in a topic on start up problem, so here it is:

Originally Posted Thursday at 05:22 PM (edited) ·

New RAV4 2005 owner here.  I have the same driver's side visor problem, and have just got a reasonable price solution (well, comparatively reasonable).

I have fitted Part No 74310 - 42330 - B0.  The only differences to the original (74310 - 42360 - B0) are:

The mirror does not have a light (not something I care about) and the warning messages are written in Japanese.  This is a JDM part, so I looked up a couple of Japanese suppliers - prices low, but freight charges high and you'd probably get hit by customs.  Just for a laugh, I asked my local Toyota dealer, and he said he could order it.  He got it in three days, so it must have been held in some central store in UK - impressive.

It's brand new, of course, so looks just right (same grey colour) and works perfectly.  There are at least two other colours -  74310-42260-A0 in ivory, and  74310-42260-B0 in light bluish grey, but I don't know if those are stocked in UK.  Link here

EDIT:  Forgot to say price - £40.52 plus local (Jersey) 5% sales tax.  I guess that would be 20% for mainland residents.

I got the same part number and fits well in my XA20 XTR 2005 RAV4. Steven Eagell Toyota Birmingham got it for me £77 including VAT and original one was quoted me £277. I also found this site very helpful to find different parts and varients. https://toyota.epc-data.com/

• 1 year later...

Hello..I'm from Sydney Australia..I have a TOYOTA RAV 2012 Station Wagon and my Driver's side Sun Visor broke..Can anyone help me to get a replacement part in Sydney please?.as I am wary of buying on the Net. Tks very much..Judi 

• 2 months later...

Hi There,

As regards drooping sun blinds we all know the silly main dealer price and breaker prices  being steep, why not consider the easy fix option which is only pennies.

Purchase a set of 6 x 50mm self adhesive mono un poled magnets, e bay or most places have them, strip off the backing and add a blob of clear silicone sealer in the middle as the adhesive is only strong enough to hold while the silicone goes off especially on the fabric roof.

Line up two on the roof, two on the blind and leave down for 24 hrs for the silicone to cure then the blind will hold up.

Occasionally due to age the visor may have warped and only the right magnets near the mirror will connect , that's why you get six, just add the last pair onto  the left inside pair making four thick, push up and everything is held up  .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links