Do Not Sell My Personal Information

iQ fog light lens

2015iQ

Newbie question :-)  The fog light lenses on my 2010 iQ look 'cloudy' imo. I know this is common with some manufacturers' headlight lens and can be rectified without buying new lens. I'm wondering if my fog light lenses are 1) a 'characteristic of the car' 2) they just need a polish or 3) buy new ones as the ads for a new pair, the lenses look far better than mine.

Thanks

Try renovating them - see

Thanks for the heads-up Mike....I did a search but kept to iQ's!  I'll give it a go and see what happens.

Thanks again

Gerry

I have the same problem, I only got my iQ as my first car on Friday but seems to be a common one. I will try taking them out for a clean and see what happens, maybe try glass polish?

Fixed mine today, it was condensation on the inside, wrap a clean cloth round the end of a screwdriver and wipe the inside of the foglight lens after removing the bulb, do not touch the actual bulb glass though and job done! :) Hope this helps.

Need to do this on mine too. 

Have never used those lights but still, would look good if there clear again. 

Craig.

On 13/10/2016 at 6:04 PM, bob809 said:

Hi Gomoca, try this- https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cleaning+up+old+headlights

I have watched the videos by Chris, and American bloke who has done a number of help videos on You Tube. But hey, take your pick, choose what suits you. Best of luck.

Hi Bob809,

I'm fine with my headlights was just a suggestion...:angel_not: