Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What key or fob do I need

Wheel2Turn

12 hours ago, IanML said:

I still think there is a possibility that keys 2 & 3 have the wrong transponder module.  It is possible that the security light is flashing because an attempt has been made to program the wrong module.  Both types of module will work the door locking, but only the correct one can be programmed to turn off the immobiliser.

The Techstream software should tell you why the lamp is flashing

Thank you so much :smile:

I think your on to something there,my head hurts :biggrin:

I am going to get that software and give it a go,I will order one but in the mean time that key guy have give me a call today to take the car to him at the end of the week only because he phoned me back and I don't want him to feel that I have messed him about.

I will let you know what happens

Thank you IanML you have been a great help :smile:

OK guys, ive been busy..... :biggrin:

Ive just reprogrammed my 2nd hand eBay bought, but genuine, Toyota key to work the central locking and immobiliser without any Techstream software.!!!!

Im pretty sure my car has the 4d chip and all the programming instructions i used for my old rav (05reg, 4c chip) didnt work on this car....but then i stumbled across this:

:biggrin::biggrin: Big thanks to Raistlin "clickable link"  :biggrin::biggrin:

------------------

STEPS:

1. Begin by sitting in the driver seat with all the doors shut.

2. Insert your working master (black) key in the ignition.

3. Very Quickly, turn the key from "LOCK" to "ON" 5 times. (You will end with the key in the "LOCK" position) [the 5 on-offs just need to be < 1 second each (you can hear something switching in the engine bay after 1 second switched to on - you've probably just got to beat that).]

4. Immediately, open and close the driver door 6 times very quickly. (End with the door closed)

5. Immediately, remove your working Master Key and insert your new Master Key

6. Turn the key to the "ON" position and leave it there while you wait for 1 minute.

7. After the minute, if you want to program another key, just remove the first one and insert the next one, turning it to "ON" and leaving it in position for 1 minute.

8. When you are through programming keys, just take the last one out, open and then close the driver door to lock in the programming, and your done.

Programming Sub Keys (Grey) is done the same way except you turn the master key 4 times before you open and close the door 5 times. Then insert the sub key, turn to the "ON" position, and wait your minute. Finish by removing the key and opening and closing the door 1 time as before.

--------------------- 

I now have two fully working keys. Remember the key thing here (excuse the pun) ive used a old used transponder chip and the immobiliser picked up that code and just added it to the ecu list. You dont need to buy a brand new transponder chip... dont let the Stealers make you buy new chips/keys.. old eBay keys work just fine as long as the numbers on the back of the module are the same... 

Happy days :cool:

Well done, Jav !

In the interests of general knowledge, could you post the module ID of your new Master key, please?

its was : 89071-0D010,Toy47, 433Mhz, 2 button remote.

still trying to figure out if its a 4c or 4d chip...:huh:

If you open the fob, is that what is printed on the module inside?

Yes it says R89071-0D010 on the back of the unit when opened

The key blade is toy47 model (corolla or yaris only i believe)

433.92 Mhz fq

Whats model is your rav one? 

My car is a 2005 Rav4 2 litre auto, and the module is a DENSO 1512V.

It is shown here, but the Toyota Part No quoted makes no sense - it has too many digits.

Just wondering if your key is this one, in which case the transponder would be a B3.  Again, the Part No quoted seems suspect.  The Toyota EPC agrees with your Part No for the Corolla from Nov 2001.  Unfortunately, the EPC does not identify the transponder type:sad:

That key is physically the same but the last 6 digits of the model are different, so the chip may be different as well. 

After all the reading ive done im pretty sure that the 4d chip cant be programmed manually so my car must have a 4c chip.

For reasons of completeness and general knowledge im going to email the website and see what options they come back with. I'll be shocked if its a 4d transponder.  

Look like ive been lucky in that the two cars ive had to buy new keys for have both been 4c chips and both required different manual programming methods, Rav4 05 reg diesel & Corolla 56 reg 1.6 petrol. 

Just got a reply back from http://www.car-keys-online.com/

Quick reply as i only just emailed them..!

"It’s not listed on our website as we generally only stock these for a locksmith business. The chip type is 4C and the internal remote is Valeo."

So there we go... mine was a 4c chip. 

Sorry for hijacking your thread Wheel2Turn. :wink:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 786s13 said:

Just got a reply back from http://www.car-keys-online.com/

Quick reply as i only just emailed them..!

"It’s not listed on our website as we generally only stock these for a locksmith business. The chip type is 4C and the internal remote is Valeo."

So there we go... mine was a 4c chip. 

Sorry for hijacking your thread Wheel2Turn. :wink:

No need to say sorry :cool:

I am learning things well trying to :biggrin:

Thank you for the info,I find it crazy how these key work I have to keep reading it to get it my head its mad.

Hi thank you for all your help :smile:

The guy that I went to on the weekend did get a key to work and because he spent so much time sorting it out for me I didn't want to let him down so I paid him because I was just happy to have a spare key in the end.

I will buy that lead and software because that will help me out in the future.

Thank you for all the help and good advice,I am very greatfull :cool::smile:

• 1 month later...
On 09/10/2016 at 8:57 AM, IanML said:

I got mine from here.

How do you put your car into valet mode?

hi IanML

I got one today I am going to look at it on the weekend to see what problems if any are showing,

I have loaded the software on a old laptop but not had time to connect it to the car yet with the lead.

My immobiliser light is still flashing when driving and it's stays on (not flashing) when the key is out of the ingition.

I hope the TechStrem software will tell me what's happening

I have read a few things on here and the net and I think you could be right about the wrong key chip in my keys.

I have now got two working keys for my car but the immobiliser light does the same thing with the new key that I had done so its all very strange to me.

If it turns out to be the keys how do I get a original key and get it programmed,because what I have read so far I would need a original key to program a new key . 

If anyone could throw some light on this I would be very greatfull.

Thank you for your help so far.

1 hour ago, Wheel2Turn said:

If it turns out to be the keys how do I get a original key and get it programmed,because what I have read so far I would need a original key to program a new key . 

As I understand it, if you do not have the correct master key, you cannot program a new key.  You then have to replace the ECU, and use Techstream to program a new master key to the new ECU.  This may not be completely correct, but it's all I have been able to find out.

However, if you can start the car with the keys you have, I do not think there is a problem with the keys.  It is probably the immobiliser showing a fault, which can hopefully be reset with Techstream.

6 hours ago, IanML said:

As I understand it, if you do not have the correct master key, you cannot program a new key.  You then have to replace the ECU, and use Techstream to program a new master key to the new ECU.  This may not be completely correct, but it's all I have been able to find out.

However, if you can start the car with the keys you have, I do not think there is a problem with the keys.  It is probably the immobiliser showing a fault, which can hopefully be reset with Techstream.

Thank you so much,I really appreciate your help and info.:smile:

That's what I was thinking it was the ECU,I am so glad that you know what I am saying because when I tried to explain it to other people they don't get what I am trying to say,But that may also be down to me because I am just picking bits of info about it as I go along.

Again that's what is puzzling me the keys start the car no problem.

Will I be able to do that with the Techstream. That would be great if i could do that. is there any Videos links kicking about that could show me how to do that.

What I have noticed is that the car has had a Battery change because the original Battery must have gone flat before I brought it,its got a Halfords make on it now.

The earth lead was loose and it wouldn't tighten on the lug so I made a lead shim to make it more tight.

When I did this the car wouldn't start it would turn over but it wouldn't start I left it for few mins or so and locked the doors with the fob,then it started so I don't know if that's got something to do with it.

I will have a look on the weekend with the Techstream and I will get back to you if you don't mind.

Thank you again :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I still not got around to connecting the Techstream to my rav sorry that I have not got back to you yet,We had a bit of snow here last weekend and this weekend just gone I have had a lot on, Hopefully this weekend fingers crossed.