Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Touch 2 Multimedia

longden72

Hi just took delivery of new Yaris Hybrid and have found a niggling point with the Touch Multimedia Traffic Announcements, they don't appear to increase in volume when a TA is activated dealer informs me that it is normal which means that if travelling on motorway you need to have volume on a high setting ! in order to hear the announcements, has anybody else noticed this or moreover  is there a cure (other than dumping car) my previous Toyota Auris Radio auto incresed volume so whats the problem...

Paul

Presumably your profile needs editing to include your Yaris.

my understanding is that the audio level & announcement level are separate on Touch 2 but are tricky to adjust in such a fashion ...

When you receive a Traffic Announcement try increasing the volume as it plays.....When the TA has finished the radio should revert to the lower volume.

Next time a TA is played the volume should be higher as previous TA

Tried the increase volume trick but a no go unfortunately ! have contacted Toyota who say it is normal and an increase in volume would cause a distraction when driving, they have referred it to their design team...