Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Touch 2 sat nav noises

david hunt

Hi just taken delivery of a new Yaris Orange edition with Sat Nav. I am getting occasional strange bongs from the car which I assume is linked somehow to the Sat Nav system. I assumed at first it was linked to either a speed camera warning or exceeding sped limit warning. the "bong"  sounds whether the sat Nav is on or off.m? The speed warning is set up and gives a very vocal - you are exceeding the speed limit !!  SomI don't think it is that. With the sat Nav off the bong occurs but not near speed camera and I don't think it is related toma historic sat Nav info. 

With the sat Nav on the bong occurred and I noticed a yellow triangle on the screen with a count down distance which referred to a yellow roadside  sign warning - beware dip in road - and sure enough the triangle went off when Inpassed the dip.mProblem solved I thought but subsequently passed several other roadside warning sign including "dip in road"  so maybe not. Anyone any ideas

The "bong" on the Yaris' satnav doesn't just indicate the location of static speed cameras (of all types) but also the known locations used by police for mobile camera installations also. So you may well hear a "bong" by a location that appears to have nothing there... The speed camera warning is "live" all the time, even when you are not actively using the satnav itself (as you have already found out for the speed warning).

• Like 1

Mine bongs when getting near a speed camera. Sometimes it continues to repeat the bong frequently until speed camera reached. Most annoying How can I stop it and only have single bongs?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links