Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

It Sounds Silly...but i'm asking anyway...

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Okay, so had our 2010 plate 2.0 diesel since jan 2016, coming up to 65k on the clock, at first she pulled like a train and felt she was running perfect...i'd notice water dripping from her tail pipe more or less always.

And then she had a major service at Toyota a month ago, since then, i personally dont feel like she pulls as she once did, engine feels a bit laggy, and no more water drips at the tail pipe, not a peep, i dont know what could have changed.

Is it me being paranoid after a 315.00 service at a dealer? I liked her better before.

Water drips from the exhaust tailpipe are just condensation, (petrol and diesel engines produce huge amounts of water vapour when running) and are sometimes a sign of a car that does lots of short journeys. Nothing done on the service will have made any difference to that. 

Unless the car has had something like an ECU software update during the service then nothing they've done should have really affected the performance either. 

• Like 1

It's possible you have been doing a lot of short runs like Nick says and your DPF needs to regenerate. When this is going on engine performance will suffer and fuel consumption will be worse. This might have happened subsequent to the service and certainly wouldn't be the garage's fault. If you don't do a lot of mileage take it for a 20 mile run or so on the motorway and keep it in a low enough gear to keep the engine revs up beyond 2,000 rpm, see if this helps. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys...will take that long run...and report back to you all.

To clarify i wasnt implying that Toyota may have caused an issue, my son works at the dealership and over looked the service whist it was being carried out, just the usual major service schedule completed, other than pollen filter untouchrd as i changed that myself, and my air filter has been replaced with a k&n longlife filter. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links