Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Verso intermittent brake problem

Hants1997

New to forum recently brought a 09 verso 1800 TR on three different occasions since June the vehicle has shown a brake problem. The symptoms are that when starting the brake is depressed and feels and worms normally but then it feels as if the brake has been released and you have to press harder on the brake as if the servo has stopped working. I have also noticed that when the engine has been turned off you can push the pedal to the floor slowly. This problem then disappears and the brakes operate normally. The car has been to my local garage who could find nothing wrong with the braking system. I then took it to Toyota inchcape who could also not find a fault.No fault codes found on the computer previously or present and not warning lights. Anyone come across this issue. All hell appreciated.

• 3 years later...

I see no expert has responded.

I've got the same problem,and I've had the brake master cylinder replaced, a new rear brake caliper and a full brake bleed, and new pads all round.

Brakes still mushy and **** .

I think Toyotas so called reliability is a myth