Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota C-HR is visiting UK cities over the coming weeks

786s13

Hi guys,

Thinking about buying one of these and so far ive only seen a demo test car on the road (here). Would need to sit and feel the car before ordering a new one, before the rush :wink:.

Luckily Toyota are previewing the car to Joe public, Toyota Website link. 

Toyota C-HR is visiting UK cities over the coming weeks
Newcastle - Grainger Street
14 October – 16 October 
London - South Bank
21 October – 23 October 
Birmingham - Bullring
28 October - 30 October

Lets hope its up to all the hype they are making about this car.... 5.9% apr on finance and Hybrid as well. :cool:

P.S. i'll be going to the Birmingham event if anyone wants a mini meet there ..haha,  

Likewise. I sat in one yesterday in Milton Keynes shopping centre. It lived up to my expectations. It looks as nice in the flesh as on pictures.

Sent from my iPhone

Have you got any photos?

Did you sit in the back? From the initial reviews i've read the rear seem to be tight and enclosed with not much light for the rear passenger. 

Yes, I sat in the rear. It is dark and quite enclosed. In fact, the car is pretty dark inside overall. But, the high doors in the rear, toned windows, and the black roof lining does make it darker than most other cars. Not something I really mind. Space wise, it's surprisingly good for a small car. With the driver's seat adjusted for me (I'm 181cm / just under 6 foot) I could easily sit in the back behind the driver with space left in front of my knees.

Boot space is reasonable. Looked similar to any normal family hatchback. It does have a load lip as the boot floor sits about 10-15 cm below the boot opening.

Interior seems fairly solid with a minimum of creaking plastics. That said, I did notice the upper dash housing the driver's air vent (to the right of the steering wheel on a RHD car) flexed a fair bit. More than I would have expected for something that clearly interfaces with the 'user'. Maybe this was a very early example with some slight imperfections. However, they did say this was a full production model. Maybe other's could verify when you go look at the car? (without breaking the interior of course :)

I do wish Toyota would put vents for rear passengers as well. Other mainstream manufacturers do.

• 3 months later...

I didn't notice any creaking plastics on my test drive, C-HR was definitely quieter than my Prius over the same bumpy roads near the dealership, I looked at the rear seats but didn't sit in them, seemed adequate and the salesman sat in them during the test drive while we sat in front. Boot seems shorter than Prius and noticeable lip so looks like it needs the protection pack.