Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

To buy or not to buy celica

Charz

So I am looking at a new toyota to buy and I have been after a late model celica (2000 to 2005) with vtt-li engine. I've just been told by a friend who has been a mechanic all of his life told me not to buy them as the later model ones have problems with the water pump and blowing head gaskets? is this true or not? I really am after a reliable car that is fast and don;t want to buy this car if what he is saying is right.

• 2 weeks later...

Your mechanic doesn't know what he's talking about.

Having been a Celica owner up until May of this year I can vouch for them...great car..great handling and a joy to drive...and affordable too.!

The early VVTi models (pre 2003..thats the 140 bhp model without "lift") did have a propensity for burning oil...but the Generation 7 VVTLi  (190 bhp) never did.

Buy a good one with a good service history ...oil changes every 6k miles or so are highly recommended..and you'll have a great car to enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah especially hitting LIFT at 6.2K! It may drink fuel because of it but you forget all about the thirst once it puts a smile on your face. :pile:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links