Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

CD player rav 2004

Wheel2Turn

Hi everyone

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction with a new CD player for my rav.

I just got a rav4 54 plate and the radio works fine but the CD player sometimes work and then I get a bit of a crackling sound in the speaker's and then error 1 and the CDs won't play again.

I took it out on the weekend to take a look at it and to give the lens a clean but to no joy all the wires look good and not damaged so I think it may be the CD unit model number on the front is 58812.

I did notice that there are a few plug connectors in the back of the unit 5 in all and one for the Ariel and they are all being used.

I was wondering is there a CD unit that would fit my car with one of them plug converters that I could use without cutting the wires, I do have the volume control on the steering wheel as well or am I stuck with just listening to the radio.

I would like one with a USB or aux input for MP3 player.

• 1 month later...

Just noticed this post.

If you are still looking, can I suggest what I have recently done, which is to plug a Yatour USB/SD Card unit into the CD changer socket.  You get the ability to access 6 folders, each with 99 tracks, from the radio controls, and it's easy enough to change the USB stick or SD Card for a fresh selection.

I bought mine from Amazon, having had a bad experience with a Chinese seller on EBay: this unit.  I also needed this adapter, to accommodate the plug already in the CD Changer socket.

It worked straight out of the box, and the sound quality is astonishing.  I could still use the Radio's CD drive, but there's no point.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 26/11/2016 at 9:07 AM, IanML said:

Just noticed this post.

If you are still looking, can I suggest what I have recently done, which is to plug a Yatour USB/SD Card unit into the CD changer socket.  You get the ability to access 6 folders, each with 99 tracks, from the radio controls, and it's easy enough to change the USB stick or SD Card for a fresh selection.

I bought mine from Amazon, having had a bad experience with a Chinese seller on EBay: this unit.  I also needed this adapter, to accommodate the plug already in the CD Changer socket.

It worked straight out of the box, and the sound quality is astonishing.  I could still use the Radio's CD drive, but there's no point.

thank you for the info sorry my thank you is a bit late ☺

I got a after market unit now with reversing camera on it,not got the controls on the steering wheel working with it but I think I can live with it for now ☺

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links