Do Not Sell My Personal Information

toyota 26022 panoramic live sound system how to convert to english?

richardreader

Hi All,

This is my first post.I need help with changing the Toyota 26022 panoramic live sound system into English. At the moment i get Japanese which is very strange to listen to. Does anyone else know how to change the settings into English. Is it even possible?

I have looked on the Web and even tried the Google translate app.

Thanks in advance.

Richie

The issue to bear in mind is that the system was probably designed for the Japanese market, so may not have other language options to choose from.

Usually the only option is to replace the head unit.

Thanks for the quick reply. If i have to replace the Head unit. Where would i get one from, eBay?

eBay, Amazon ....

Could check out a local car stereo retailer/fitter

The sound system you have is a very good one. It includes camera options, hard drive, DVD, TV, Park Assist and more. The Russians and New Zealander's have managed to change or rewrite the software.

There is an option to add an additional unit from Malaysia for English functionality or, do what I have done and added some components to replace the features that are lost in the U.K.

Or register with the Toyota Estima Owner's Club 'TEOC'

http://www.teoc.ws/community/forum/

to find out which components I have installed and obtain other owner's opinions.

• 3 years later...

Hello, I have same issues and tried everything thing. The above link does not work. Are there any service providers in London that anyone has used? I managed to bluetooth connect my phone with google translate but now after a while I cannot do it again. I could not sync my phone's music app to the system despite managing to call from the system. So having a great system that does not work is no good. Perhaps getting the system replaced might be the only option.

14 minutes ago, Begumbeg said:

The above link does not work

Toyota Estima Owners Club (www.teoc.ws) closed approx 18 months ago, which is why the link doesn't work.

Typically, they are JDM only systems and only come in Japanese the navigation will not work correctly and the radio has the wrong tuning steps for the UK

Please fill in your forum profile it makes it easier for other members to assist in any questions you may have