Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Insurance

mr2nut123

Hey there. My dads just bought an MR2 and because he works with cars (body panel beater) he told me that i could buy it off him cheap aslong as i could get some cheap insurance for it. I am 18, which puts off companies, but im only wanting the standard 2litre mk2, no GT turbos or anything. Cheapest quote ive got so far is £2000 but i need it to be much lower than this. Any of you guys have any backstreet companies or anyone that will insure me on this cheap? I'm been as honest as i can here, i arent one of them boy racers speeding in Saxos thinking their cool, i'm a sensible, skilled driver and would simply like to have a nice, respectable car without spending a fortune on insurance because of idiots my age acting like morons. You guys more than anyone know how great these cars are and i'd just like to prove to a company i'm worthy of insuring and wont mess about. Thanks in advance ppl.

p.s.

If you would prefer to contact me privately with details of companies or information, or even just a chat about this feel free to e-mail at Luketheking15@hotmail.com or maybe have a chat on MSN Messenger.

i dunno m8. when i was 19 the cheapest i could get was £1800. and that was w. me as a named driver!

after a yr it's gone down to £1100.

w. Tesco btw.

-Z

I think that given your age you might be up against it but if you hunt around you might be able to sort something out........ I cannot really recommend anyone as I dont own an MR2 yet (but I am looking) and all my experiences are with Golf GTi's (Adrian Flux and HIC but HIC are def cr*p for MR2s!!)

The one thing I will say is that if you go with Elephant - try adding a 2nd driver - like a parent. This is fairly common knowledge and must have been discussed on this forum at some point but it really does work!! To illustrate, I am looking for a '96 MR2 T-Bar, so I just tried to insure it with elephant. Quote 1 with just me, (25, No Accidents/ Claims or Cons and 8yrs NCB) fully comp quote was £711. I then added my other half who I live with and she brought the insurance down to £579.60!

For my money that is a £130 saving for doing nothing!!

hope this helps

I did have MR2 GT-T-Bar modified ( better wheels, interior, front bumper and lexus style lights)

my cheapest quote was Adrian Flux at £1280 third party f+t

then I was told about Liverpool Victoria 0800 864 865

now I'm insured for £508 fully comp and can use my car for social domestic+pleasure and business use

the best thing about liverpool victoria is modifications don't matter to them as long as it don't improve performance. Other companies load you 10% for each mod i asked if i got the ferrari kit would it make my insurance go up she said no but keep receipts so that they pay out for value of it if it gets stolen

I've crashed and wrote off my car they paid book price of car which was £2350 plus £600 for the mods so i got £2950 and I only paid £2650 for the car 3 month ago

NOW I WANT ANOTHER MR2 SO ANY FOR SALE PLEASE LET ME KNOW !!!!

Good luck !!!!!!!

thanks for the companies guys, much appreciated. ill be giving them a try and certaintly giving liverpool victoria a call, they look promising. anymore insurance companies you can recommend? backstreet style incase these end up too expensive :P

mr2nut123 - make sure you let us know what LV quoted you as this seems a good price and I'm interested for when im lookign for my MR2 after the summer hols.

I would have said HIC but they will insure me on my astra with a 2l turbo engine put in it cheaper than on an mr2 n/a. Can you swap insurers half way through a year and transfer the half a year no claim with you?? lol

you're going to have to bite the bullet m8 and pay £2000 for a year, it'll drop significantly after that

there's no cheap way around it, at some point in your life you have to get NCB - in a way, buying NCB is very, very expensive for younger drivers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links