Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Igniter location Carina E 1994 lean burn 85kw

Troutking

Hi all. Can someone help me with the location for the ignitor, part number 89621-05010?  Is it somwhere in the engine compartment or is it behind the glove box together with the ECU?

It should look something like this; https://www.bildelsbasen.se/img/a/a/a/000bd2/path/mnt/newftp/68/bil/lgnr/198870_1.jpg/toyota_carina_1997_t��ndmodul.jpg

Any help would be by me very much appreciated. My car will only start in warm weather, drives me crazy.

Carina E XLi 4A-FE lean burn 16 valve 85kw.. (AT190L-BEMDKW)

I found where it for some models is supposed to be located, but it's not. One can see two threaded holes ready for the bracket.  So the other place should then be the distributor. And I have seen distributors with the built in igniter, but they don't look like mine do. Here is a link to what mine looks like;

http://www.autoparts24.info/search/1/?q=0986237672&type=oemcode

Is it possible that one has an igniter? It doesn't have the bulge on the side where the ignitor usually resides. Or is it something special with the Bosch ignition system so that it doesn't use a traditional igniter?

Hope someone who knows will take the time to answer.

I was hoping this forum was riddled with Toyota doctors and wizards. ..:biggrin: Is it possible that my version of the Carina E XLi has an ignition system without an igniter? I can't even se an obvious way to adjust the timing. The distributor can't be turned. ..

Located on the LH front strut turret on a bracket OR just above the water temperature switch on the engine :thumbsup: 

Hi. Thx for the suggestion. The strut turret have the threaded holes ready for a bracket, but nothing is mounted there. The other location, temperature switch, nothing there either. ..

PM me the VIN number of your car, along with email address and I will send you a screenshot 

I'm very much interested in more inputs.. Especially on whether this model of Carina E has an igniter or not. The car sometimes will not start. Especially if there has been a change in temperature or humidity. I have changed the leads, distributor cap and rotor, plugs, checked the coil, changed fuel pump and filters, injection relay. Basically been a parts changer, a big no no diagnostic wise... I'm waiting for a brand new distributor and if that doesn't work I'll give up and let the shop try. The crap part is that for days it will work perfectly, so that option could get very pricy... £90 plus an hour. .. 😭😭😭