Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis T22, weak remote key signal

Levis95l

Hi!

Does anyone know where the remote key antenna is in T22 (year 2000) Avensis? My remote control has a very weak signal so that I have to be almost next to the car for the central locking to work. I have tried both keys and changed batteries, so the problem has to be in the car and not the key.

Could it be that it's same piece with the radio antenna? I have broken mine in a car wash so that it has splitted from the bottom part of the antenna and I think the central locking started working weirdly roughly around the same time. I remember that it used to work flawlessly even at a long distance.

Thanks in advance for any help. I'll be sure to post a solution if I get it fixed.

Here's some pictures. As you can see, there's some weird heat shrink in the middle, so that essentially got me into thinking that the remote control antenna could be there.

tmp_30416-IMG_20161030_123646-1946699654.jpg

tmp_30416-IMG_20161030_1236571172737141.jpg

Have you tried the re-syncing procedure? 

It is covered in the handbook if you got it with the car.

I haven't, I'll try that tomorrow. Although I doubt that's the problem since unlocking works, the range is just poor.

Btw, I have had that happen to me once too, when my friend played with my key and pushed the buttons too many times. Luckily I found that re-syncing procedure from the manual back then. I have an anti-theft alarm in the car and it turns on/off only with the remote control so it was a bit tricky situation :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links