Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wallowing sound from rear

emin-j

Hi all, my wife has had her rav for over 6 years ( 2.0 auto vvti 5 door xtr 65k) and since we have had it there has been a wallowing sound from what sounds like the drivers side rear, the sound gets louder and faster with speed but is only noticeable from around 50 mph and is gone after 65 mph. I initially thought it could be the tyres falcon rear bridgstone front and not really took that much notice but my daughter was in the car today and noticed it, the m.o.t. Guy has never noticed any play in the wheel bearings so hoping its not the rear diff ! But at only 65k I think it unlikely.

Your thoughts please.

Coming and going at certain speeds I would first suspect that a wheel was out of balance. Being alloy wheels the weights are, or should, have been stuck on and if the spot had not been rubbed down to clean metal before sticking they are more likely to detach later. Just a thought

Del 

On 31/10/2016 at 7:08 PM, crofter said:

Coming and going at certain speeds I would first suspect that a wheel was out of balance. Being alloy wheels the weights are, or should, have been stuck on and if the spot had not been rubbed down to clean metal before sticking they are more likely to detach later. Just a thought

Del 

Thanks Del I didn't consider that.