Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

'14 Yaris front disc pads

bathtub tom

Thought I'd clean and check my front brakes.

Anyone got a picture of how that wire spring fits the outside pad and any tips to replacing it please?

It came off easy enough, but putting it back.................................................................

1. INSTALL FRONT DISC BRAKE ANTI-RATTLE SPRING

A01VH38E03
    1. Push end A of the spring into the groove of the disc brake cylinder and install spring sliding arm A' onto the disc brake cylinder mounting anchor.

Text in Illustration
      *a Sliding Arm A'
      *b End A
    2. A01VDM6E03
      Text in Illustration
      *a End B

Push the spring in the direction of the arrow to flex it until end B can be inserted into the groove of the disc brake cylinder.

3. A01VHUVE03
      Text in Illustration
      *a Sliding Arm B'
      *b End B

While pushing end B of the spring into the groove of the disc brake cylinder, flex spring sliding arm B' and install arm B' onto the disc brake cylinder mounting anchor.

4. A01VIA9

Make sure that the spring is securely installed.

I think that lost something in the illustrations.:unsure:

Finally did it by inserting one end, twisting the middle of the spring with a damn great big pair of pliers to reduce its length and then hitting the other end with a hammer to locate it. I wonder how they do it at the factory?

Whatever happened to the days when I could remove the pads on my old Maxi with my fingers, after removing the wheel. Mind you they were taken apart every year, cleaned and lightly greased after I experienced one seizing.

I've had an email notifying me of a further reply on this topic, but it's not here. Can anyone suggest where it went?

Hi bathtub tom,
mrpj has posted a comment on a topic, '14 Yaris front disc pads

default_photo.png  
mrpj said:

Do you mean this one?

Visit site to view video content.

Sorry Tom. I posted a video of what I thought was removing and refitting the spring in question and realised it was probably not according to Devon Aygo's post!

I edited the post and removed the video with an explanation why. The whole post has disappeared.

However, your car possibly has the same ATE/Teves front brakes as mine and that was what the video related to?

I googled ATE/Teves and found this: http://tinyurl.com/hpbtck9

It looks very similar to my arrangement, unfortunately it doesn't tell you how to replace the damn spring!

That's great, many thanks mrpj. Makes it look easy, GRRRRRRRRRRR

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links