Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Hybrid

keith fensom

I am considering changing my current Yaris for a hybrid version. Does anyone have experience of this, is it a good car and what level of fuel consumption are you getting from it?

Moved to the Yaris club.

You need to test drive a hybrid for a couple of hours. The driving technique is quite different.  If you live in hilly country or have a heavy right foot, you are unlikely to see many benefits vs petrol.

• Like 1

I bought mine new 2 years ago. It has never done less than 50mpg on a tank and the best I had was 67mpg when we had a trip to Norfolk. I think the transmission is superb - by far the best CVT I have ever driven. I used to drive a Honda Jazz CVT-7 but the Yaris Hybrid beats it in every respect IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I agree with 'eyemdee'. Wife had the Jazz Hybrid , with CVT but I was never confident with it. Stop start kept draining the Battery, CVT oil change is critical.

We have a 2013 Yaris and like madasfish said, make sure you have a good test drive.

One thing worth remembering, if you like having your heater on high in winter, you'll find the car will give you a very poor mpg in low speeds.. As the engine is used to provide heating while driving in ev. If you have the heating set to 22C, you easily still manage 50+ mpg.

I like the Yaris, prefer the Auris since it has the joystick instead of the Automatic style gear stick of the Yaris.

Hardly a deal breaker.

• 4 years later...
On 11/6/2016 at 7:12 PM, keith fensom said:

I am considering changing my current Yaris for a hybrid version. Does anyone have experience of this, is it a good car and what level of fuel consumption are you getting from it?

Just took delivery of one  this week, can't comment on the fuel economy but it only has one usb port and nothing else, no 12v aux port, you are not able to connect two phone to use for hands free while driving, for someone with a work phone and private phone this is not much good. you can connect 1 phone only via blue tooth but to use car play for navigation etc ( does not have sat nav) you have to connect the phone to the one and only usb port and that disables blue tooth. 

The 12v socket is hidden at the back of the little storage cubby in front of the drive shifter - It's got a snap cover over it you have to lift up.

On 11/6/2016 at 7:12 PM, keith fensom said:

5 hours ago, Kyloes said:

Just took delivery of one  this week

The original topic was started in 2016, so it relates to the 3rd generation Yaris, not the current 4th generation.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links