Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Having Problems, Can Anyone Help

JonZ

hey heres the thing, my 4age out of a ae101 levin, transplanted into a ae101 wagon is having problems.

when i put my foot down to accelerate, there is no power there and when the revs get up to round 3,000rpm all the power comes on and i find myself up the rear bumper of the car infront... :P

i can't figure out why there is no power there, i have a feeling that it could be the oxygen sensor, but i don't know. any advice you guys can give me would be wicked.

and if anyones gona be a smart ***** and say it's turboed... haha it's not.

cheers guys

JonZ

I know it sounds daft, but is it your clutch. If I read your post correctly you have an increase in revs and then the power goes down at 3000rpm. Sounds like a slipping clutch to me. :unsure:

hey Billy, good suggestion but it's definately not the clutch.

going thru gears while pinging it there is no slip :P

it's while crusing at constant revs and then puttin my foot down, there is absolutly no acceleration, then after a rather large delay all the power comes on.

kinda like cams are switching real aggressive... but thats not the reason either haha cause they switch way higher :D

cheers anyways man

JonZ

was gonna suggest the wiring on the intake cams is sound but.......!

did you use the original ECU from the levin or use the one in wagon?

i used everything out of the levin, basically had a wrecked levin sitting round so stripped it and put everythign into the wagon. B)

so all the standard settings are being used off the levin computer, it's getting !Removed! annoying to run now... i also had the thought that it might be something to do fueling it, like maybe it's getting over fueled after i first accelerate, but i'm not too sure.

cheers for the suggestion tho mate

JonZ

try send to workshop and retunning yur engine...

maybe it was wrongly setting...

regards

hey cheers man, i think i'll prob do that if i can't figure it out, it's a bit better after doing the fuel filter so it might be all sorts of things, i think i'll get it plugged in and checked

cheers

JonZ

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links