Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 mr2 advice.

Aidsy1

Hi guys and girls, I am looking into buying an mr2 I have seen, its a mk2 2.0 engine built in 92. Anything in particular I need to look for when I go view it?

• 5 months later...

I recently picked up a 91 Turbo. If i could help advice wise, I'd say check for oil leaks like bad head gaskets or blown turbo seals. Also, check for damage around the bumpers and doors because there are some people who can't handle the over-steer in the monsters. People also like to modify the interior of these vehicles because they can't handle the 90s style so look for anything out of ordinary. Other than that I would just go through the list of buying a new car like checking miles and paper work and ear tests making sure it isn't misfiring or running rough. 

• 2 months later...

Hi, I'm thinking of the same as a weekend car so appreciate any advice on how you get on.

Have you found any suitable insurers? I have NCB on main vehicle, but so far, insurance quotes have not been good. 

Thanks, 

I bought this car (one in the photo) is a pleasure to drive. Unfortunately Gonna have to get rid of it due to family commitments. But I must say if you get the chance get one. My insurance was 600 quid and I'm 25 with 1 year ncb and 1 claim. I went with Adrian flux and declard it modified with filter and japspeed exhaust. 

Hi,

Glad we could help out with your insurance.

Regards,

Dan.

• 7 months later...
On 15/06/2017 at 3:24 PM, Aidsy1 said:

I bought this car (one in the photo) is a pleasure to drive. Unfortunately Gonna have to get rid of it due to family commitments. But I must say if you get the chance get one. My insurance was 600 quid and I'm 25 with 1 year ncb and 1 claim. I went with Adrian flux and declard it modified with filter and japspeed exhaust. 

My Rev5 Cosmos would've been £600 3years ago but I stupidly got an R33 Skyline instead, now I'm 25 it's finally dropped back below £1k :P 

In regards to the original post the main thing to look for is rust! Fold the seats down and remove the plastic trim under the rear 1/4 windows and have a look inside. Toyota thought it was wise to fill this with foam which unfortunately traps water and rots them from the inside out

Mikeyp @ TMS Motorsport
Email us : sales@tmsmotorsport.co.uk

whatsapp-25px.png
WhatsApp us for fast response : +447979127236
TMS Motorsport - AP Racing - BUY ONLINE

-   We ship worldwide to your door  -

-  Currently Breaking for parts - Ford Focus ST3  - Hawkeye Impreza  -