Do Not Sell My Personal Information

De Activate Hijack locking on my 2010 Avensis 2.2 D4D

GAZB

Hi can anyone advise me on how to de activate the Hijack central locking kicking in at 20mph , im a private hire taxi driver and its quite annoying having to keep using the button on my door to let people in and out after each journey , my car has the push button engine start , had a quick look through the manual but cant see anything

Thanks

On my 2012MY (Autumn 2011 build) facelift it can be done via the Touch head unit but don't know about on older cars (Konrad perhaps might). Alternatively it can probably be done via Techstream.

6 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

On my 2012MY (Autumn 2011 build) facelift it can be done via the Touch head unit but don't know about on older cars (Konrad perhaps might). Alternatively it can probably be done via Techstream.

Yes Scott, I do for the older cars with the standard audio (non-touchscreen). This is covered in the owners manual page 77. The following instructions:- 

Close all the doors and the key to "ON" position (don't start the engine), within 10 seconds. Then press and hold the door lock switch for 5 seconds (on the drivers door, pressing either lock or unlock). The doors will lock then unlock signifying the auto door lock has been cancelled.

When i bought my car the function was cancelled, then I enabled it for a while. There was an issue with the passenger not being able to get out unless the driver opened his door soon after shutting off the engine, or unlocking using the switch. I just repeated the same procedure to cancel auto locking.

The manual could be more clearer, but the function works.

• Like 1