Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Top Lock wiper blade

Micken

The only alternative wiper blade for my car appears to be the Bosch Aerotwin A539s which are boxed with driver and passenger blades, the only way I can buy single blades are from a Toyota dealer which are more expensive,I have checked the Toyota blade on my car and it has the Bosch logo stamped on it. does anyone know of another manufacturer of flat blades with a Top Lock adaptor.

No need to replace the whole blade Toyota supply blade refills:

85214-05150 RH £11.95 inc VAT

85214-05140 LH £7.01 inc VAT

• Like 1

I was quoted £16 for the right hand blade refill by my local toyota dealer, which for that price I could buy a complete blade for my previous mk2 avensis and have the choice of a number of different wiper manufacturers, it seems car parts are getting more expensive on newer cars.

Why not try EuroCarParts today as it is Black Friday. They have some genuine deals on and I am sure they stock Bosch blades for your car. Just type in your registration and the site will take you direct to the appropriate blades

As Devon Aygo suggests, your Toyota dealer should stock the rubber refills which are easy to fit

What about universal fit blades. I notice that Screwfix do wipers - http://www.screwfix.com/p/universal-flat-windscreen-wiper-blade-26/1745c#product_additional_details_container

I cannot say what the quality is like, but I have had cheap complete blades from Wilko in the past on my old car,and they worked well.  

You can buy the blades individually,  650mm & 400mm

you can buy the Bosch A539s twin pack for ~£22 delivered https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-A539S-Set-Wiper-Blades/dp/B009E9EGP8/  & www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3397007539-BOSCH-SET-OF-AEROTWIN-WIPER-BLADES-A539S-AEROTWIN-NEW-GENUINE-/181723479410?

You might as well have a spare.

Thanks for the replies,

bought the Amazon Bosch blades £22, I now have a spare passenger blade.  It seems most new model cars come with flat blade wipers making the replacements unnecessarily more expensive than old style wipers.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

If the wiper has the lock flap at the top, then simply replace the rubber. Undo the flap slid out the old rubber and replace with whatever cheap rubber you can get.

All blade rubbers are made by only a few manufacturers, get a Bosch set £8 for a different blade type but the rubber is the same profile, broke into the clips and took out the rubber slid into the wiper housing and cut off the excess.

that was 18 months ago and still works fine.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links