Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gen 4 Prius unexpected display

PeteB

This screen popped up on my Prius today.  Didn't know it did that!   Hadn't spotted this in the manual anywhere.

20161126_223905_LLS_a.jpg

• Like 2

About as unexpected as Low Battery in Key Fob..............but helpful, as long as the cause is overuse rather than oversight by Mr T Service division

Sure - I've seen the low Battery on previous Prius models, but I've never seen the washer fluid message on any Toyota.

It also has a screen that warns if all windows are not fully closed when the driver's door is open - even when so slightly open you can't see it from the driver's seat.  This is handy, as even if you bar operation of the other windows, the driver's panel still works for all windows, unlike previous versions.

I wondered why it didn't have the dipstick in the washer fluid bottle like the gen 3, when I first got mine, then when I saw that message a few months later I realised  why.

Same here, although p535 of the manual shows a dipstick!

Well, that is a surprise, I will keep an eye out for that!

2 hours ago, thecaretaker said:

Well, that is a surprise, I will keep an eye out for that!

Once activated, and until you add fluid, it comes on every time you start up, and stays on until you press the 'back' button on the steering wheel.  I'm don't know if it eventually gives up if you don't cancel it.

• Like 1

I'm waiting to see if the message changes to "very low" or "you have just run out"!  :rolleyes:

(I have a bottle of water in the car just in case!).  I've not filled it since new (8,000 miles) - some versions of the Prius made it from one service to the next without needing topping up.

Oh yes, and I suppose it's obvious really, but when scrolling through the 'Warning message display' in the 'Multi-information display' (next to the speedo) it shows the "fluid low" warning after you have cleared it (assuming you haven't filled up).

On 27/11/2016 at 4:57 PM, barrycoll said:

About as unexpected as Low Battery in Key Fob..............but helpful, as long as the cause is overuse rather than oversight by Mr T Service division

BTW, I'd done about 8,000 miles at the time - first service looming...

• 1 month later...
On 29/11/2016 at 11:37 AM, PeteB said:

I'm waiting to see if the message changes to "very low" or "you have just run out"!  :rolleyes:

(I have a bottle of water in the car just in case!).  I've not filled it since new (8,000 miles) - some versions of the Prius made it from one service to the next without needing topping up.

Well, it finally ran out today, just days before the first service.  The warning first appeared at about 8,000 miles, and I've now done just over 10,000.

The message never changed, not even a "You have just run out, you *******"!