Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise control

kostas3636

HI I have Toyota avensis 2010 elegant I installation cruise control but  don't work why. know there were is a problem thanks I hope to say the answer 

what engine  & which country are you in (Elegant not a UK spec.)? How have you tried installing CC - 3rd party or using Toyota parts?

• Like 1

I don't know if the 1.6 petrol supports CC - that engine was never offered in the UK T27 as far as I know.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I have Avensis 2009 1,8 Petrol with manual gear box. I install cruise control . I connect the switch and it works perfect. Very simple..  my car is an elegant and it is from Greece..

• Like 1

19 hours ago, atevagge1983 said:

I have Avensis 2009 1,8 Petrol with manual gear box. I install cruise control . I connect the switch and it works perfect. Very simple..  my car is an elegant and it is from Greece..

All 1.8 T27 Valvematic Mk3 Avensis support cruise control, but the 1.6 variant does not seem to. I looked in Auto Trader at all the available cars, 1.6 and 1.8. Looking at T2 spec, neither engine has cruise control, but TR spec, only 1.8 get cruise control. So if owner wants to retro fit cruise control, the car needs to be 1.8.  That is why it worked for the 1.8.

Since my 1.8 came fitted with cruise control, I can say that the 1.8 engine is the minimum for driveability for the size of car. The 1.6 would struggle by comparison, especially on hill motorways. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'll update this thread soon as just bought a T27 1.6 Petrol T2 Avensis Tourer, and have a compete T27 D-4D leather wheel coming (with cruise stalk) so I can update everyone on what works and what does not 🙂

If the cruise does not work, I'll still have gained a leather steering wheel for pennies.

This is the thread where most of the content will go:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=407726

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

cruise control light comes on but cruise control does not operate   any suggestions   car is avensis estate year 2007

what engine?

• 3 years later...

Toyota Avensis 1.6 petrol T27 MkIII 2010, installed aftermarket cruise control lever, no light comes up, no cruise control effect. Any suggestion on how to add this feature (may be through the ECU software?)

On 3/10/2023 at 8:30 AM, TasosF said:

Toyota Avensis 1.6 petrol T27 MkIII 2010, installed aftermarket cruise control lever, no light comes up, no cruise control effect. Any suggestion on how to add this feature (may be through the ECU software?)

It has been stated, that the 1.6 Valvematic in T27 Avensis does not support cruise control. The minimum engine size is the 1.8 Valvematic and cruise control is fitted as standard in most trim levels in the UK except T2. One reply above has already stated, he has fitted the cruise control stalk to his 1.8 Valvematic and it works! If most Avensis of a certain engine and trim levels have cruise control as standard, then lower trim levels without cruise control will have everything but the cruise control stalk. Once this stalk is fitted, cruise control may work as standard. 

The only other way to fit cruise control on some cars, is to go third party after market.

This might sound harsh, but try and buy a car with the right kit/spec level. When I bought my car, I looked at what kit is including for the trim levels. The TR spec had nearly everything I wanted, including cruise control, all electric windows to name a couple. The T2 was missing those, plus alloy wheels, bluetooth handsfree, dual zone climate control and a few more features. Some features can be easily added, but other would need some major work that is not worth it. 

I did add USB and second bluetooth via the CD changer port, and that was plug and play.      

• Like 2

I agree with Konrad's view above, better getting a car originally supporting the function; I too don't believe the 1.6 was ever enabled to support cruise control, so I think you will be struggling there, sorry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1