Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Parking brake cable clip recall

thecaretaker

I don't think its anything major. I've just had a letter asking me to call the main dealer to have a parking brake clip replaced. Any other Gen4 owners had this?

It says that the foot-operated parking brake could disengage causing the parking brake to become inoperative. If the transmission is left in a gear other than park while the ignition is on, the vehicle could roll away increasing the risk of a crash.

I hope it is a quick 'while you wait' fix. I'm not due a service yet.

Yes, I got my letter last week. 

Sent an email to my Service manager asking if it can wait until the first service, likely beginning of Jan (8,000 miles now!).  Normally I get there 7.30 am and wait, if he thinks it'll take a while I'll get a loaner.

I've also asked him to find out if he can get the 'Type A' (manual p276) stalk for the indicators/lights - this has OFF-Auto-side-head, whereas the Type B doesn't have OFF!  I've already had two near misses in this car (and one in a Lexus NX on a test drive) because it switched on headlights (when not needed!) at an inopportune moment.

This has to be the most criminally negligent fitting I've ever seen on a car!

• Like 3

Hi Paul,

I have had my Prius Excel 3months now & recently received a re-call letter about this brake clip. I've been in touch with my local Toyota garage & they are going to sort it next Tuesday morning while I wait. They said it's not particularly urgent & will take about an hour to fix. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links