Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Guitar case - will it fit in Auris boot?

Long Tom

I’d appreciate any comments from guitarists on whether a hard guitar case of about 110 x 48 x 15 cm will fit into the Auris hatchback boot with the rear shelf and seats in place. Length x width x depth measurements or a photo would help me assess whether the car is suitable.

Thanks

Which Auris are you asking about ?? -

2007-2012 Auris 

2010-2012 Auris Hybrid

December 2012 onwards Auris

I'm considering whether the current 2016 model would be a suitable replacement for my 2000 Corolla liftback.  

This is one of my topics - actual boot dimensions - not so called capacity in litres!

I don't own an Auris, but have a brochure. For the hatchback the following are stated - 860mm (length), 991mm (width), no height, but assume height of seat back up to parcel shelf/cover. This may or not include the wheel arch space!

Using the measurements and depending on the shape, the guitar case could be installed diagonally.

If possible, I would go to a dealer and try. 

Thank you, Konrad.  This is what I wanted to know.  It does look like a guitar would fit but best to confirm it by taking the case to the dealer.  Looking into the boot, it appeared a bit small.  It's a pity Toyota stopped making the liftback.  

My other issue is the spare wheel well in the boot which is dealt with in other posts and seems to exclude a full size spare.  Very annoying in this and most other cars.  The Subaru XV seems to be just about able to take a full size spare by sacrificing boot depth, but again this would have to be confirmed at the dealer.  

1 hour ago, Long Tom said:

It's a pity Toyota stopped making the liftback.

Hi Tom. By liftback, do you refer to the old Corolla which had a longer tailgate unlike the shorter version on the Auris both 2007 model and Current shape, or the Avensis T27 from 2009? I was disappointed that no hatchback has been available, but own the Tourer.

On the spare front, I have a space saver, but replaced it with a secondhand full size alloy wheel, matching the ones on the car. The only change I had to make to accommodate the wheel, was to not use the polystyrene tool and jack tray. The under floor storage tray is in place above the spare as before and the tools and jack are in a bag with the spare wheel. The space saver and tool tray are now in the shed. So for the Avensis, a 217/55-17" fits the wheel well. The Auris wheel well should be able to accommodates a full size wheel.  Again carry a tape measure to check.      

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links