Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good hybrid mpg

PetrolSipper

Having read a few threads here where people express disappointment with the fuel economy of their Auris hybrids, I was a bit concerned what my newly acquired car would deliver.

I have now done 4 journeys of around 30 minutes duration on a mixture of A roads and motorways. On the motorways I kept my speed around 60mph.

The mpg results for the 4 journeys were, 60,60,66 and 74, so I am a very happy new owner.

• Like 1

I've had mine for just under a week (2011 Hybrid). Have done around 55 miles in it so far mostly doing short 10 minute trips. At first I was getting around 40mpg but since adapting my driving a bit I'm managing most trips at 50-65mpg. I was getting approx 25mpg in my 2004 Ford Focus on the same trips so I am also very happy with the Auris.

I find the instant consumption screen the best for getting the most mileage out of my car. It's amazing how easing off the pedal even just slightly will increase it by a lot without loosing barely any speed.

• Like 1

Hybrids don't perform magic and it can be little things that have a big impact on mpg.

On my previous non hybrid car, I could get close to the stated figures. In the hybrid on the same journeys, it is close to the figures. Still see a drop in winter time, but still the amount of fuel used  is still 40% less than the old car and that's not always driving the most economically.

With hindsight, I wish that I had bought one sooner

• Like 1

Theese are great fiquires but I find at the moment I'm still only getting around 42,43 mpg average it's an excel hybrid tourerwith 17 inch wheels though  I can get 70 mpg eco indicated fiquire on single trips realise cold weather and damp conditions seem to effect hybrid consumption greatly, this is my second hybrid so am quite familiar with them

Theese are great fiquires but I find at the moment I'm still only getting around 42,43 mpg average it's an excel hybrid tourerwith 17 inch wheels though  I can get 70 mpg eco indicated fiquire on single trips realise cold weather and damp conditions seem to effect hybrid consumption greatly, this is my second hybrid so am quite familiar with them

Do you compare the trip counter to the range estimate of a full tank?

I use fuely.com

With that you compare how much fuel, miles per tank, average mpg.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm very pleased with the mpg on my Auris Tourer Hybrid (Excel with the 17" wheels). 

It is dropping with the cooler weather, but since purchase the computer is showing around 55mpg over everything, and I do too many short trips around town from cold. I know the computer is optimistic by at leat 5%, but I expect it to be consistent! So I can gauge how I and the car are doing. 

Tyre pressures matter a lot. Using the heater when the engine isn't totally warm on short trips matters (so I'm using the heated seats more). Using the demist when the dog was panting nervously (most of November due to fireworks, not my driving) seemed to have a big impact. And of course driving style.