Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric mirrors on 2009 Avensis

deerhunter

Hi all,

I have an issue with the electric mirrors on my 2009 Avensis,they will heat up,fold in but neither side will electrically adjust.

Is there a separate fuse for this,and if so could anyone tell me where it is please.

Thanks

Check fuses first. The demist function probably works via the rear screen demist circuit, and the folding probably from a circuit which is live for an amount of time after switching the ignition off. However IIRC the adjustment needs the ignition on. 

1 hour ago, alan333 said:

Check fuses first. The demist function probably works via the rear screen demist circuit, and the folding probably from a circuit which is live for an amount of time after switching the ignition off. However IIRC the adjustment needs the ignition on. 

The mirrors just need the key only in ACC position for the mirror adjustments to work. Just switch to the left or right to adjust the appropriate mirror.

If you have the original handbook, look at pages 479 for engine compartment, and 484 onward for the interior fuse box - it is located behind the glove box near the firewall (page 476). The rear mirror adjuster, fuses are located here.

Here are some photos showing the location of the interior fuse box. 

P1110919.jpgP1110923.jpgP1110924.jpgP1110926.jpg

Fuses 2 and 9 are the ones to look at.

The problem is, the rear view mirror shares it's fuses with other systems:-

Fuse 2 PANEL - air condition, parking brake, harzard warning lights, petrol filler release, VSC off and the mirror adjust - I could name more.

Fuse 9 ACC - power outlet, rear mirror adjust, audio system and main body ECU. This works with the key in ACC position.

In any of the other functions mentioned above is not working, then you have your answer.

There could be bad connections, or the motors are seized. You can adjust them manually.

• Like 1

this may sound daft but checking the simple things first  .... as Konrad said, you are setting the switch to the left or right mirror before trying to adjust? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Great pictures but I have to take the Glove box off as well.

I have a fuse panel on the driver side but can't see the fuses.

Is there a good guide to the fuses/ THE MANUAL IS HOPELESS.

• Like 1

if your car is a 2008 it presumably is a T25? The OP's as a 2009 should be a T27.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys,

After checking numerous fuses without finding anything I took the car to Mr Toyota.As suspected they said with a smile😀  "it's the switch and we can give you a price to fit a new one".My reply, Haha sorry mate check the paperwork it's under warranty with an even bigger smile😋.Part on order.👏👏

• Like 1