Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brighter headlamp bulbs, 2015 Yaris

Syncopator

As far as I can tell, the headlamp bulbs are Toyota's design and I can't see any dual filament bulbs which can replace them,  (They have a right angled construction, with the glass assembly mounted on a base which is at right angles to it.)

Does anyone know of a much brighter replacement?   

There are at least a couple of bulbs with similar right angled bases - H11, HB3, HB4, HIR2, etc. The bulbs in your Yaris are not Toyota's design - they are HIR2 bulbs

HIR2 bulbs are approx 75-80% brighter than standard halogen bulbs. Currently there are two main manufacturers - Philips and Osram.

There are currently no upgrade bulbs available in this fitment.

Thank you FROSTYBALLS,  Guess there's no point in continuing my search :mellow:

If you look in the Iq forum you will find someone's experience changing from an oe HIR2 bulb to a branded. Admittedly some of the perceived improvement could be due to the originals performance deterioration with age.

Wouldn't have thought the headlight bulbs in a  2015 Yaris would have deteriorated enough to need replacing yet. In the thread in the IQ club that was linked, the bulbs probably dated from when that car was new - 2009.

Possibly possibly not ...

but the oe bulbs tend to be produced to lowest cost rather than best performance. Those in my Avensis T25 were very poor -1 of the first things that I did was replace them.

I had assumed that the fitted headlight bulb was a dual filament.  I now know what to look for. 

In the meantime I´ve had a decent pair of both reversing and rear fog lamps installed.  What  a great difference they make.

yaris lights.jpg

both.jpg