Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What battery for 2004 RAV4 D4D ?

Camry_man

Hi all, 

I have a RAV4 that lives in France, for when we are there; it's served us very well. 

However, the cold starts - and what seems to be a very small Battery (wedged with wood blocks!) is making for a struggle each morning. The previous owner has obviously cut a corner here.

And so, I simply need to know which batteries for the gen.2 RAV4... I'm looking primarily at the Varta G7 which seems good for cold starts. Will that fit the car?

Thank you for any help and advice. Happy NY.

image.jpeg

I can't find a direct listing of a Varta Battery for your vehicle.

Yuasa are very good and this one is apparently right for you.  Note that it gives two Varta equivalents, but they only seem to be available in Russia!

I hope that helps.

EDIT:  I found this by a further search, but you need to check the dimensions and whether the Battery posts are the right way round!

My (used) RAV came fitted with a type 031 Battery, which are rated at around 70Ah. When that died I managed to graft in a type 334 which is rated at 90Ah. Both these are positive terminal on front left.

It also helps if you are using the recommended grade 5W30 engine oil, which allows a cold engine to turn over more easily in winter.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links