Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Comfort blinkers module

samski

Hi everyone,

I wonder if any of you heard of comfort blinkers module which basically turn indicators on for preset amount of blinks, when stalk is lightly tapped.

I've read Polish forums and guys there said I can buy this module at Toyota dealership and its true, I rang Toyota in Poland and they sell this module for about £30 - then you simply replace indicators relay with this module, program the amount of blinks and thats it.

I rang Toyota in the UK and they haven't heard of that.

So I wonder have you guys heard of it and is it possible to source it in UK?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

You mean the lane change signal function, mentioned in my handbook (2009) - page 207 (page 236 on later version) chapter 2-1. driving procedures, Turn signal lever.

It states "Move and hold the lever partway to signal lane change. The signal will flash until you release the lever".

It is slightly different to the system you mentioned, but close to what you describe. I was going to moan about dealers not knowing about their cars, but in this case, I can understand. There maybe a reason why the UK model does not have the relay, but it could be useful. 

You mean the lane change signal function, mentioned in my handbook (2009) - page 207 (page 236 on later version) chapter 2-1. driving procedures, Turn signal lever.

It states "Move and hold the lever partway to signal lane change. The signal will flash until you release the lever".

It is slightly different to the system you mentioned, but close to what you describe. I was going to moan about dealers not knowing about their cars, but in this case, I can understand. There maybe a reason why the UK model does not have the relay, but it could be useful. 

Konrad, indeed, when you hold the lever it will flash until you release it. The comfort relay will blink set amount of times upon tapping the stalk, without holding it. It's a gadget of course, not something that I couldn't live without but I must say it's a gadget that I would like to have [emoji16]

In terms why UK dealers don't know about it - no idea but why would other Toyota dealers sell it?

Anyway, I'll try to find photo of that nifty device and paste it here.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Would presume that this may not be available in the UK as it may not conform with The Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989.

• Like 1

But other car manufacturers do install this kind of feature so wouldn't think this is illegal?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Our Aygo and i20 have the lane change function - both require one to hold the stalk in position for however long one wants to indicate for. Additionally the i20 has a one touch lane change function where if one moves and releases the stalk, the indicators will operate for between 3 and 7 flashes.

Aside from using the above feature to change lanes, I don't see it has any other merit.

The lane change function isn't adequate for when one turns the vehicle, as the indicators probably wouldn't operate for the duration of the turn.

• Like 2

A 2004 Ford C-Max I once owned had this function, I'm pretty sure my Mother's 06 Focus has it, and both our current Mazdas have it.  It's surprising how often it comes in handy, like indicating at the appropriate moment to take a roundabout exit or a slip road etc.

• Like 1

I have noticed that Toyota miss some feature/functions, that were/are present on other makers cars. Adding to the one touch lane change signal, a feature that could be useful is remote window close when locking the car. My old '93 Vauxhall Cavalier had it with the central locking and Vauxhalls/Opel still have now. I do use the command panel to check all windows before exiting, but if I have already got out then notice a window is open, then I have to get back in the car, key in ignition to close windows.

This could be a separate post - what features do miss that you had before? Shall I start it?   

Hi there is a aftermarket unit called TAPTURN from Canada which allows 3/5/7 flashes when the indicator  stalk is tapped, a list of compatable cars are on this site,contact them for any information I found them to be very helpful .The site is http://www.autowindow.com/

Hi there is a aftermarket unit called TAPTURN from Canada which allows 3/5/7 flashes when the indicator  stalk is tapped, a list of compatable cars are on this site,contact them for any information I found them to be very helpful .The site is http://www.autowindow.com/

Thanks for that, but this is way too expensive compared to how much Toyota charge for theirs upgrade ~£30.

I couldn't decide in favour of this device therefore I'm not buying it - yet. Probably will get this on my next holidays in Poland!

If anyone would want this device, I could possibly get that for you too.

Anyways, thanks for your comments on this thread!

@Konrad C - remote windows lock is muchly missed functionality. Shame it's not present in avensis and that there is no upgrade possible to enable that.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Sorry to bring old topic up but have anyone any solution to comfort blinkers to 2010 T27 nowadays? I started to think this feature would be nice and found this (and some other old topics) but all of those links doesn't work.

On 1/5/2017 at 9:39 AM, samski said:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170105/1d66813761bbe8a5ad525c138247abc3.jpg

This is the module itself and below is the link to the original thread (in Polish)

http://avensis.info/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24081&sid=0534d295b52be39b69739823755e03f3

Have you managed to install this module? I would like to get one for myself too. I can't access the link as my antivirus is kicking in when I click on it.

I've also heard about this 'comfort blinker' on foreign forums but never on the UK one. 

46 minutes ago, Seb_90 said:

Have you managed to install this module? I would like to get one for myself too. I can't access the link as my antivirus is kicking in when I click on it.

I've also heard about this 'comfort blinker' on foreign forums but never on the UK one. 

My browser says that avensis.info site doesn't exist anymore.

I found someone from eBay who mod those relays so maybe I order it from there.

That Easyblink also would be nice but those modded relays are cheaper and I don't need any customizable amount of blinks, just 3 blink at single touch would be nice.

I just bought this relay from a Polish guy on eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285405571249?hash=item42737f68b1:g:24wAAOSwA1tkw~1w

I will report back when I have installed it. 

It's a simple plug and play modified relay enabling comfort blinking aka 3 flashes by tapping the indicator stalk up or down. I don't really care about programming more or less than 3 flashes. We really miss this feature from our newer cars and the price is 55 GBP including shipping to Denmark which I think is fair.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UlleB said:

I just bought this relay from a Polish guy on eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285405571249?hash=item42737f68b1:g:24wAAOSwA1tkw~1w

It's a simple plug and play modified relay enabling comfort blinking aka 3 flashes by tapping the indicator stalk up or down. I don't really care about programming more or less than 3 flashes. We really miss this feature from our newer cars and the price is 55 GBP including shipping to Denmark which I think is fair.

Exactly same what I meant and what I bought. 👍

On 8/7/2023 at 12:20 PM, UlleB said:

It's £63 when I click on it. Nope, that's too high for a comfort feature for me.

On 8/7/2023 at 2:20 PM, UlleB said:

Mine just arrived. It took about 2 min to replace old relay and it works just like promised. Very welcome feature to my Avensis. 👍

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JiiN said:

Mine just arrived. It took about 2 min to replace old relay and it works just like promised. Very welcome feature to my Avensis. 👍

Wonderful, mine is arriving this week. Installation is just by removing the tray in the small compartment next to the steering wheel, right? The relay looks to be right behind there.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, UlleB said:

Wonderful, mine is arriving this week. Installation is just by removing the tray in the small compartment next to the steering wheel, right? The relay looks to be right behind there.

Thats right. Just open that compartment, pull hatch up and its get off. Behind that bottom right corner at relay box is blinker relay. Little tight to pull away but pretty easy still.

I replaced mine at Post office's parking lot. 😀

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JiiN said:

Thats right. Just open that compartment, pull hatch up and its get off. Behind that bottom right corner at relay box is blinker relay. Little tight to pull away but pretty easy still.

I replaced mine at Post office's parking lot. 😀

Thanks, Jarkko! Damn, you must've had a strong urge for that little extra comfort 😅

Received my upgraded relay today. It took under a minute to install and works 100 % as intended. What a joy! I didn't think I would care so much about a silly little feature but it really makes my Avensis the ideal highway cruiser for the amount I paid for it.

This is the specific item you need if you have the T27 Avensis Estate or Saloon https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285405571249

The seller is legit.

• Thanks 1

You just put this blue box inside and thats it/just put this relay insted of the original one that you pull off ?

How you install it comes with wires like in the video ?

Does it work on 2018 1.8 petrol ?

Thank you looks good this mod.

15 minutes ago, avensis_2018 said:

You just put this blue box inside and thats it/just put this relay insted of the original one that you pull off ?

How you install it comes with wires like in the video ?

Does it work on 2018 1.8 petrol ?

Thank you looks good this mod.

Concerning what JiiN and I bought: Old relay out, new relay in. You can't mess it up since it's the exact same part and they look the exact same, the eBay one is just modified on the inside.

I think the ones with wires etc. are the programmable ones if you want like 15 flashes or whatever you heart desires. I think installation is more or less the same just a different setup.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links