samski

Comfort blinkers module

Hi everyone,

I wonder if any of you heard of comfort blinkers module which basically turn indicators on for preset amount of blinks, when stalk is lightly tapped.

I've read Polish forums and guys there said I can buy this module at Toyota dealership and its true, I rang Toyota in Poland and they sell this module for about £30 - then you simply replace indicators relay with this module, program the amount of blinks and thats it.

I rang Toyota in the UK and they haven't heard of that.

So I wonder have you guys heard of it and is it possible to source it in UK?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

You mean the lane change signal function, mentioned in my handbook (2009) - page 207 (page 236 on later version) chapter 2-1. driving procedures, Turn signal lever.

It states "Move and hold the lever partway to signal lane change. The signal will flash until you release the lever".

It is slightly different to the system you mentioned, but close to what you describe. I was going to moan about dealers not knowing about their cars, but in this case, I can understand. There maybe a reason why the UK model does not have the relay, but it could be useful. 

You mean the lane change signal function, mentioned in my handbook (2009) - page 207 (page 236 on later version) chapter 2-1. driving procedures, Turn signal lever.

It states "Move and hold the lever partway to signal lane change. The signal will flash until you release the lever".

It is slightly different to the system you mentioned, but close to what you describe. I was going to moan about dealers not knowing about their cars, but in this case, I can understand. There maybe a reason why the UK model does not have the relay, but it could be useful. 

Konrad, indeed, when you hold the lever it will flash until you release it. The comfort relay will blink set amount of times upon tapping the stalk, without holding it. It's a gadget of course, not something that I couldn't live without but I must say it's a gadget that I would like to have

In terms why UK dealers don't know about it - no idea but why would other Toyota dealers sell it?

Anyway, I'll try to find photo of that nifty device and paste it here.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Would presume that this may not be available in the UK as it may not conform with The Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989.

• Like 1

But other car manufacturers do install this kind of feature so wouldn't think this is illegal?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Our Aygo and i20 have the lane change function - both require one to hold the stalk in position for however long one wants to indicate for. Additionally the i20 has a one touch lane change function where if one moves and releases the stalk, the indicators will operate for between 3 and 7 flashes.

Aside from using the above feature to change lanes, I don't see it has any other merit.

The lane change function isn't adequate for when one turns the vehicle, as the indicators probably wouldn't operate for the duration of the turn.

• Like 2

A 2004 Ford C-Max I once owned had this function, I'm pretty sure my Mother's 06 Focus has it, and both our current Mazdas have it.  It's surprising how often it comes in handy, like indicating at the appropriate moment to take a roundabout exit or a slip road etc.

• Like 1

I have noticed that Toyota miss some feature/functions, that were/are present on other makers cars. Adding to the one touch lane change signal, a feature that could be useful is remote window close when locking the car. My old '93 Vauxhall Cavalier had it with the central locking and Vauxhalls/Opel still have now. I do use the command panel to check all windows before exiting, but if I have already got out then notice a window is open, then I have to get back in the car, key in ignition to close windows.

This could be a separate post - what features do miss that you had before? Shall I start it?   

Hi there is a aftermarket unit called TAPTURN from Canada which allows 3/5/7 flashes when the indicator  stalk is tapped, a list of compatable cars are on this site,contact them for any information I found them to be very helpful .The site is http://www.autowindow.com/

Hi there is a aftermarket unit called TAPTURN from Canada which allows 3/5/7 flashes when the indicator  stalk is tapped, a list of compatable cars are on this site,contact them for any information I found them to be very helpful .The site is http://www.autowindow.com/

Thanks for that, but this is way too expensive compared to how much Toyota charge for theirs upgrade ~£30.

I couldn't decide in favour of this device therefore I'm not buying it - yet. Probably will get this on my next holidays in Poland!

If anyone would want this device, I could possibly get that for you too.

Anyways, thanks for your comments on this thread!

@Konrad C - remote windows lock is muchly missed functionality. Shame it's not present in avensis and that there is no upgrade possible to enable that.

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

• Like 1