Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise control pin on ecu

frankie406

Hi folks I'm still trying  (not very well) to get this cruise control sorted.ive read loads on here and other sites but nothing related to my car.T25 2006 2.0d4d manual colour collection/T2.I'm looking at where the white cable goes into the ecu but each of the ecu''s I have looked at are very different from mine.I have 4 plugs that goes into my ecu the others have either 5 plugs or 4 with a blank part in the middle  (2 plugs either side) I've the steering wheel fitted with the stalk all the other things like clutch switch and wiring to the clock spring. But I don't know which plug ie E11 or what? I've put it onto the techstream diag tool and shows cruise and tps but I have neither.is it already programmed into software and just needs wired up. Any help would be appreciated regarding the ecu pin location. 

111.png

Perhaps this helps you!

Plug E11 pin nr. 24 must have white cruise wire. Pin nr. 10 must have clutch switch wire, light green with black stripe.

Be aware that in some cars the plugs are in different order, but they are always the same shape, sure you will find the right plug by the shape of it!

• Like 1

Cheers ents gentle man.I will have a look sometime this week and hopefully it's done once and for all! 👍

Ents pin 10 looks like a white with black line.pin 24 is empty.when I ground it with wire inserted in pin 24 the cruise lights up on dash.where do I go from here any thoughts? Thanks againfor the help so far!

Then grounding pin 24 lights up cruise light, then it is easy. You will have to run a wire between pin 24 and steering wheel clock spring.

IMG_20150518_130953.jpg

The lower row, after the green there should be a white wire witch goes to ECU pin 24, if not install one. And in third pin must be brown ground wire.

• Like 1

Then adding wires to these plugs mentioned earlier (clock spring plug and ECU plug) you must find correct therminals that will fit in these plugs.

IMG_20150721_115719.jpg

I found these cheaper to buy, but you could always ask your local Toyota dealer for these. They should sell these for couple of pounds per piece.

I don't remember the product code of them, but i'll look it up in couple of hours.

• Like 1

Brilliant mate thank you will get a look tomorrow. 👍👍👍brown to ground does that go to any metal under steering wheel or into plug?

The brown wire, if your car has one, but i think there isn't, is for cruise switch ground feed and should be grounded well. If remember correctly there is a ground point at other side of steering coloumn, just add your ground wire there!

• Like 1

Had the steering wheel cover off the other day and forgot to take a pic.will be checking that. What sort of wiring needed like size 1mm 1.5mm? Amp/wattage 12 or something. 

Sorry for all the questions. 😯

The wire size does really not matter, because there is all ground in cruise system.

The plug therminal product code is 1123343-1, don't ask who the manufaterer is!:biggrin:

Hopefully 1 more question ents does the pins (1123343-1) fit into the ecu and are the same size for the plug under steering wheel  (clock spring) also or is there another type for that?

Thanks

Cheers mate have just ordered them with wire so looks like it's going to finally get cruise control with the help from you! 👍:clapping:

Ents I've finally got it working took a few hours and attempts because the pins were a nightmare just as well I got 10 of them.but it's done!! 

So thanks again mate for all your help!👍👍

Glad to hear you got it working.

Enjoy your cruise control!

• Like 1

Cheers mate!!!

• 2 years later...
On 1/5/2017 at 8:32 PM, frankie406 said:

Ents pin 10 looks like a white with black line.pin 24 is empty.when I ground it with wire inserted in pin 24 the cruise lights up on dash.where do I go from here any thoughts? Thanks againfor the help so far!

Same problem here. Where you find the e11 connector?? Please help

The ECU is behind the glovecompartment, you need to remove it. 111.png

Ive got a 2006 2.0 d4d colour collection, ive got a new steering wheel with the cruise control stalk? Whats the process from start to finish? What do i need to finish the job? Or could anyone reccomend someone to do it in midlands? Cash waiting 😄

On 4/16/2019 at 7:50 AM, ents said:

First of all I want to thank you  for reply. On pin 10 I have a green with black stripe wire, pin 24 is empty. Tried to ground pin 24 but no cruise light in dash. Any ideas? Mention that I bought a steering wheel with original stalk and wiring plus clock band

Is there a position for a cruise indicator on your dash? If there is (and there almost certainly will be) then check that it physically has a working bulb in that position. The lamp check when you turn the ignition on doesn't seem to include the cruise indicator on my 2007 D4D for some reason. On mine, the cruise light is above the traction control light on the left of the instrument cluster.

On 4/16/2019 at 7:50 AM, ents said:

First of all I want to thank you  for reply. On pin 10 I have a green with black stripe wire, pin 24 is empty. Tried to ground pin 24 but no cruise light in dash. Any ideas? Mention that I bought a steering wheel with original stalk and wiring plus clock band

I checked today and no led for cruise in dash I'll try to put one, by the way position is above driver seat belt 

15556892772286280230988998858126.jpg