Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speedo not working on 2006 Hiace D4D

Hat751

The speedo and mileometer doesn't work on my Hiace van. It is a 2006 2,5 D4D. I had a flat Battery and jumped started the van. Since then the speedo hasn't worked. Is there a simple fix or do I need a new speedo?

As you also have a warning light on the Van is trying to tell you it has a fault, you need to get it connected to a suitable diagnostic computer to see what fault the car is seeing.

Thank you Devon Aygo. The speedo (flat battery) problem happened at end of November. The engine warning light has only appeared twice, both times since Christmas, on the same day only after 15-20 minutes of driving at motorway speeds (the only time its been at those speeds in the last 3 months). So a month between them therefore I don't think they are related. Maybe when the speedo is fixed I wont get an engine warning light. I thought the speedo not working may be a fuse or disconnect it for 24 hours to cure the problem?