Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gen 4 innacurate odometer ?

birdseye

I got my Gen 4 in mid November with a full tank,  we filled it again when it got down to two segments and reset the trip, it's now back to two segments again but I've only driven 382 miles and it shows 153 miles left in the tank, total mileage since we got the car is 758  The overall mpg shows as 64mpg and we regularly get 80+ on trips

The confusing part is that on my previous car  it was exactly 7 miles to my Daughters school gate, in this car it's 6.5   a walk down our lane was exactly 1 mile to a farm gate, in this car it's a fair bit past it.  How can this be? what could be wrong?

Who is to say the information on your previous car was accurate?

4 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Who is to say the information on your previous car was accurate?

That's may be true but according to the calculation of my current tank taking me down to two segments for 382 miles works out at less then 60mpg.

I need to get my son to drive his new car a set distance to compare with mine

Try comparing the distances with measurements on Google Maps, or the sat nav. Maybe it's configured incorrectly for the wheel size fitted?

Short trips with the heat on (causing more ICE idling) will return poor fuel economy - probably worse than what you were seeing in November, although I'm not sure what's expected with the gen 4.

1 hour ago, QuantumFireball said:

Try comparing the distances with measurements on Google Maps, or the sat nav. Maybe it's configured incorrectly for the wheel size fitted?

Short trips with the heat on (causing more ICE idling) will return poor fuel economy - probably worse than what you were seeing in November, although I'm not sure what's expected with the gen 4.

We've had some really good mpg and our heat is set at just 17,. a 7 mile trip on mostly level & slightly downhill road gave us our best ever at 110 mpg yesterday going for a really long time on electric but 76mpg coming back. Maybe I should set a destination on the cars satnav to compare with the odometer but not sure if the satnav takes into account bends and turns in the road when calculating distance

Yes, the sat nav will measure the distance of the actual route and should also take elevation into account. If you get that or something else to measure actual distance travelled using GPS (I'm sure there are smartphone apps, never looked myself but I have a Garmin Edge for cycling that will do this) then it should also be more accurate than the odometer/trip counter.

You could also check whether there is a 'measured mile' close to you. These are accurate for checking speedometers, distance and MPH. Try searching on Google for 'measured mile locations'