Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota and Gazoo racing to race at Monte Carlo

FROSTYBALLS

Not a bad showing so far for the team and its great to have Toyota back in WRC, but after the Hyundai crash last night a statement has come out that a spectator did die, my thoughts are with the family.

The statement is below:-

Organisers of Rallye Monte Carlo have confirmed the tragic death of a spectator who was injured during an incident in tonight's opening stage.

A statement issued in the early hours of Friday morning read:

'The Automobile Club de Monaco regrets to advise further details following incident of the car #4 (Paddon/Kennard) in SS 1.

The spectator was transported by helicopter from the stage to hospital in Nice. Despite the best efforts of the medical staff, the spectator has sadly died.

An investigation has commenced into the incident and all involved parties will provide assistance to the authorities.

Everyone associated with the event extends their deepest sympathies and condolences to the families, friends and individuals affected.'

All at WRC.com and WRC Promoter extend their sincere condolences to the family and friends of the victim.

wrc-rally-monte-carlo-2017-jari-matti-latvala-miikka-anttila-toyota-yaris-wrc-toyota-racin.jpg

What a result after 17 years away, and as a Toyota Fan, Owner, Racer I can't tell you how chuffed I am.

A big congratulations to the Team and the Drivers awesome job, Sweden next.