Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RAV 4.3 Caliper Guide Pin Removal ???

Gods_gift

Hi All

Just done the brake pads on our Rav 4.3 XT4 D4D and it appears one of the guide/slide pins on the passenger side caliper isn't sliding in or out. The weird thing is it turns, but doesn't slide.

Any idea how you get them out, and where you get new ones?

Cheers

Simon

As you say the pins rotate,could be that as they spun in use a groove has worn in it  allowing it to drop.As Arkwright said to Granville in the old Open All Hours show maybe you just have to jiggle it a bit to get it started :unsure:

Del

Well I turned the stuck pin alot and it got warm from the friction of twisting, but didn't want to slide out by hand. I'm going to order a replacement before I use more forceful methods and possibly knacker it.

See if you can lift it up and down slightly at the back which will show if the pin is worn causing it to drop.You could try and lift it and hold it with some thing like blue tack as it could save you using another pair of hands to tap away with the hammer.Your end of the pin may also have a groove and may also need to lift

Hope this is of help to you and remember to wear gloves. I used to use a jam jar with water in it and a paint brush to wash away any brake dust before starting but you can buy brake dust remover and spray that on it first

Del

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links