Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

93 Camry issue, please help.

BenB77

Hello, I am a new member. I liked for the proper place to post and this was the best I could come up with so apologies if this is not the correct place. I have a 93 Camry with 255,000 miles. It had one owner before me and has been well cared for. Yesterday while driving home from a ski resort where I work it suddenly began running rough. At idle the whole car shakes and almost kid of wants to lurch forward but idles at a regular rythym think b b b b b b b b b b instead of a normal humm. At higher rpm it is still rough at highway speeds it's like there's an underlying shudder and it is a bit weaker in acceleration and on hills then normal. It seems to be missing a cylinder . Previous to this it ran perfectly. I have checked the 3 plugs easily accessible. They all looked in good shape buy bone dry. Wires aren't that old and still look to be in good shape. The check engine light is not coming on and it has thrown no codes in tyne history. Previous to this the only notable issues are a radiator leak (that I've kept on top of) and occasionally when I start it it will start run up to about 2,000 rpm then shudder and die. If I am quick to put it in drive it will smooth out and I might not have that issue again for a month. Also about 3 weeks ago it began running rough on the way home from the store but we had just had a huge snowstorm and it was melting out. I assumed splashing through all the slush and muck I may have gotten some water where it wasn't supposed to be. The issue resolved itself by the next time I used the car that day. The way it is running now seems very problematic, any ideas? Please help! Thank you! 

Hello Ben - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Thread moved to the Toyota Executive club .

Where exactly are you located.....

When you say 3plugs 'easy access' why not 4?

2sav

3 plugs are under a cover on the front of the motor. The other 3 are in the back under the exhaust manifold. I am in the US, Oregon.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links