Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis T25 Head Bolts

S1LKY

Hi Guys,

Can someone point me in the right direction of where to obtain Head Bolts for a 2003 Avensis T25 1ZZFE in the UK.

So far i've taken 2 sets back to EuroCarParts and now on my 3rd set which are too small at the bolt head.

I've brought the 10mm 12 point tool to remove the existing head bolts and it fits perfectly but it does not fit the new bolts from the shop,

When matched up against my old bolts the head of the new ones is about 2mm smaller although the thread size matches.

I'm reluctant to continue with the rebuild because my concern is torquing a smaller bolt the same as the original doesn't sit well with me and the cost of another 12 point tool is the same cost as the bolts themselves which i've already shelled out for.

Any help would be appreciated

probably a daft question Daniel but have you tried a dealer? Perhaps Parts-King on the forum?

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply,

I should have said that i'm very limited where i am in scotland without travelling too far for factors or dealerships, The main dealer near me is quite bluntly a rip off and want nearly £80 for the bolts, If that's what i have to do then so be it but i'll have a look at Parts-King,

I'm fairly new to the forum so haven't noticed that section before so thanks for the heads up.

Lanarkshire, so probably an Arnold Clark? I find the one in Bishopbriggs good.

I assumed probably wrongly that all dealers carrying the Arnold Clark name would be the same price and customer service etiquette (or lack of) but i'll try a few others, only tried the Linwood branch but will make some calls tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Iirc the Parts Manager at Bishopbriggs is Robert Leitch.

On the service reception side William Kilfedder is brilliant.

Fensport might be worth a call too.

Will give them a call tomorrow,

Should change my location on here, i'm now Renfrewshire not Lanarkshire not that there's much difference as most of the main dealers are in and around the city.

Thanks for all your advice.

The head bolts do not have to be replaced on a #ZZ engine, so long as the bolts are less than 159.5 mm long they can be reused.

Standard bolts should measure between 156 and 159 mm from tip to seat of the bolt.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

found this extract in my repair mnual for my T22

HD bolt.png

• Like 1