Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo

jrgsullivan

Hi everyone.  Don't know if anyone can help but here goes.  I have a 2006 Aygo which has developed a 'whirring noise'.  It is intermittent, sometimes at startup and sometimes when on the move.  Doesn't matter if it is turning or going in a straight line.  It only lasts for a few seconds.  No warning lights come on and it does not appear to affect performance.  My suspicion is fan belt, but it is not the high pitched squeal normally associated with one of those slipping.  The belt is original though.  Any suggestions welcomed.  Thanks.  Richard.

Hello Richard - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Thread moved to the Aygo club to generate responses

I have  a whining noise in mine too.  Usually its my wife giving the benefit of her opinion on my driving.  

Sadly I've only been driving fifteen more years than she has and covered about a hundred thousand more miles since 1980.  😊 

• Like 1

Don't think a mechanic can help with this one Ethanedwards.  Saw an advert for something called Gorilla tape, which is apparently very good at sealing smallish open spaces from which noise emanates, especially if wrapped around several times.   :-)

Best bet is to start the car from cold and listen around the engine area with the bonnet up. Get someone to gentle rev the car and see if you can replicate and pinpoint the noise.

If the noise appears, get them to depress the clutch to see if it is clutch related.

Thanks fordulike.  I had forgotten about the clutch being a possibility.  We have had two since it was new.  I understand they are a bit of a weak point on these cars.  Thanks again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links