Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Maintenance Schedule?

Yarisfur

Does anyone know where I can find the complete service/maintenance schedule for the XP10 Yaris (D-4D) that shows what needs replacing/inspecting per time/mileage. Thanks

There is usually a service schedule in the warranty and service book. Could also have a look at - https://www.toyota.co.uk/download/cms/gben/Toyota Essential Care Service Content - V2.1 02.11xlsx_tcm-3060-675779.pdf

I'll have a look in the service book tonight - thanks for the link

I have one. This is what I do:

Oil/oil filter every year/10k miles.

Gearbox oil 40k miles

Airfilter every 20k miles.

Fuel filter 40k miles.

Check brakes every year Ditto all track rod ends/driveshafts/disks/wheel cyinders/calipers/brake pads/exhaust/handbrake/brakelines  and standrad car checks..

Also diesel lines for corrosion leaks..

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Madasafish - very helpful and I found my service booklet.

I recently hit 40,000 miles (currently now at 40,100) and was wondering how urgent the gearbox oil replacement needs to be. I had an early service at 36,000 miles for fuel/air/oil filter/flush since I became the owner. Thanks for your help.

On 2/1/2017 at 3:33 PM, Yarisfur said:

Thanks for the reply Madasafish - very helpful and I found my service booklet.

I recently hit 40,000 miles (currently now at 40,100) and was wondering how urgent the gearbox oil replacement needs to be. I had an early service at 36,000 miles for fuel/air/oil filter/flush since I became the owner. Thanks for your help.

Not urgent,,

• 1 year later...
On 1/28/2017 at 6:44 PM, Madasafish said:

I have one. This is what I do:

Oil/oil filter every year/10k miles.

Gearbox oil 40k miles

Airfilter every 20k miles.

Fuel filter 40k miles.

Check brakes every year Ditto all track rod ends/driveshafts/disks/wheel cyinders/calipers/brake pads/exhaust/handbrake/brakelines  and standrad car checks..

Also diesel lines for corrosion leaks..

Hello, madasafish I would like to diy service my yaris.  would like to know which brands of oil/filters you have been using to maintain your vehicle. There are various brands of oil/fuel/air/pollen filters available. Likewise with engine/brake/gearbox oil. Also would you recommend replacing the sump plug/washer every time it's serviced?

Our yaris D4d is now 15 years old and does few miles.. so regular oil and filter changes are essential as most if not all journeys are the worst for wear : short ones.

So I use 5w-30  fully synthetic oil - specification says semi synthetic . Changed every 12 months. Usually Halfords on offer £15 for 4 litres. My target price id under £20 for 4 litres.. (eBay offers as well)

Oil filter - Toyota only (ebay). Why risk engine for the sake of £5?

Air filter ? Bosch.

Fuel filter? Forgotten.

Costs about £25 to do an annual oil and filter change - peanuts for keeping engine well lubricated. Uses minimal oil.

3 hours ago, Madasafish said:

Our yaris D4d is now 15 years old and does few miles.. so regular oil and filter changes are essential as most if not all journeys are the worst for wear : short ones.

So I use 5w-30  fully synthetic oil - specification says semi synthetic . Changed every 12 months. Usually Halfords on offer £15 for 4 litres. My target price id under £20 for 4 litres.. (ebay offers as well)

Oil filter - Toyota only (ebay). Why risk engine for the sake of £5?

Air filter ? Bosch.

Fuel filter? Forgotten.

Costs about £25 to do an annual oil and filter change - peanuts for keeping engine well lubricated. Uses minimal oil.

Thanks mate very helpful. I plan to maintain it just as you have but atm there is some work to be done. Just wondered if you would recommend replacing the sump plug and washer with new ones after draining the oil?

also just wondered if you use the included jack or a trolley jack to jack up your d4d before placing axle stands. Speaking of axle stands, need to buy some. Which ones do you recommend. Halfords have 2 or 3 tonne ones and pin style or ratchet ones? 

Regards. 

I have a 20 year old Halfords trolley jack.. My axle stands are ancient  pin style (all available at the time) 2 tonnes - unless you own a very large Range Rover of luxury car 3 tons seems overkill.I used to replace sump washers but have used the last one for about 7 years  .. no leaks. I carefully separate them, and clean of all dirt  before re-installing.. hence they mate cleanly (most leaks I suspect are due to dirt.. (Never had to replace a sump plug in what is more than 50 million years of motoring..and DIY -yes I am ancient...)

22 hours ago, Madasafish said:

I have a 20 year old Halfords trolley jack.. My axle stands are ancient  pin style (all available at the time) 2 tonnes - unless you own a very large Range Rover of luxury car 3 tons seems overkill.I used to replace sump washers but have used the last one for about 7 years  .. no leaks. I carefully separate them, and clean of all dirt  before re-installing.. hence they mate cleanly (most leaks I suspect are due to dirt.. (Never had to replace a sump plug in what is more than 50 million years of motoring..and DIY -yes I am ancient...)

Ok mate noted. Found a genuine Toyota filter on eBay for around £12 which comes with a genuine Toyota replacement sump washer so may invest in that. 

I noticed you use 5w30 fully synthetic oil to service your car. But I was speaking to someone who has a d4d mk1 with 140k miles on it and he recommended that if the d4d is on High mileage 10w40 and low mileage -80k use 5w30. Not sure which is suitable now as my model is on 89k miles?

Just wondered mate what mileage yours is on now and which brand of oil you use and also how many litres of oil would is required for a full d4d engine service?

Regards.