Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

3 door seats

grahamthegasman

Hi does anybody know if a five door passenger seat will fit a 3 door .Wifes damaged her seat and can get a really good condition 5 door seat but dont know if it will be same as 3 door seat.Thank you 

I suspect it may not tip forward like a 3 door seat?

Jez

You could probably swap the fabric/foam from the 5 door to your 3 door model, but I'm not certain.  Also be aware that if your car has seatbelt pre-tentioners etc then a donor mechanism might throw a warning light.

Thought the whole point of the city-bug, whether it be Aygo, C1 or 107/8 was to reduce design and manufacturing costs by making 'all' parts interchangeable, even between 3 and 5 door variants, (though obviously not between models for exterior cosmetics)? Even to the extent that the rear seats are the same, and the doors too, with the 3 door it just retaining body panel where on a 5 door a hole is pressed out and a door fitted?! (Though I've never checked)

Anyway the front seats in my 5 door fold forward as in a 3 door, though quite why you would need to is beyond me as there are doors so you can get in the back without climbing round the front seats!!! :-D

Don't some seats have built in side airbags?  These scare the bejebus out of me.  One wrong connection and the charge goes off.  

Personally I suggest you proceed with lots of caution.

• Like 1

I think the 3-door cars have the same space and layout as the 5-doors, so you're good to go in my opinion. They're built to a price, so if they could save some cash by using the same seats for all variants then they'd do that.

10 hours ago, Ethanedwards said:

Don't some seats have built in side airbags?  These scare the bejebus out of me.  One wrong connection and the charge goes off

AFAIK this is an optional extra. I think my 107 has side air bags, and I could've had curtain airbags but I couldn't afford it. Thing is it's only an issue if you're ripping the airbag mechanism out of the seat and into a new one, as the wiring could be wrong and if there's fabric over the airbag it could prevent it from operating. In all fairness, the last of those would be my biggest concern, not the wiring.

Saying that, the citybugs are made out of a strong protection cell. How much more likely are you to die from not having the side airbags plugged in?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links