Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Excel Hybrid - 12v Battery

Cormacca

Hi All,

I've been thinking of going for an Auris Hybrid Excel model which was registered in Jan 2014. I've come across a lot of useful info on the forum here (it has been a really great source of info) and I decided to sign up to the forum today. 

I have a big concern with the 12v batteries faults reported with the hybrid, particularly with the Excel model I'm looking at. I'm in a position where I would be importing the car from the UK to Ireland, therefore I will not be able to avail of the remaining 2 years of warranty here (I understand the the last 2 years are provided by Toyota GB and not Toyota themselves).

Mainly, the stories of batteries being damaged by reaching low charge, batteries having to be taken out and trickle charged and so in have put me of the car, which I was excited about. I know that a TSB about the hazard light switch was supposed to have resolved the issue according to Toyota GB, does anyone have any first hand experience of this being the case? There is talk that the 12v Battery is too small for the car, on top of the fact that the Excel model has too many ancillary options which it cannot handle.

Thanks in advance for any responses, I'm due to give my yes/no for the car tomorrow so it all hinges on this I suppose.

Regards,

John

The 2 year/40,000 mile extension to Toyota's 3 year/60,000 mile new car warranty is provided by Toyota GB and won't apply for cars exported outside the UK.

• Like 1

Yeah it's a pity. The main concern for me is that if the issue remains on that model, I'll have no manufacturer warranty to rely on.

I haven't seen any examples of the Battery issue since posts in 2014 so I'm hoping it is resolved.

As far as I'm aware, there was a production fix around February/April 2014.

If anyone with an Auris Hybrid from 2014 was able to confirm theirs has been ok since the software update, I'd be reassured in buying the car. Hopefully someone who experienced this will be able to advise also.

we have a 13 plate Auris hybrid and the car has had the hazard light switch software update

and we have had no issues ,although if you are going to leave your car for a couple of weeks

i would recommend turning off the keyless entry ,i hadn't used my IS300h for 3 weeks over

the christmas period and my 12v Battery accessory Battery had become discharged with the

system always looking for your key to come close to the vehicle,if you are leaving your car

for a few weeks i would connect a spare car Battery onto the accessory battery to make sure

it doesnt run flat.

• Like 1

Thanks Eygo, good to hear. I suppose I'm just being over cautious about the whole issue. Must check with the dealer tomorrow to see if the car has been given the update.

Sorry, only just seen this, hope the info is not too late.

I have a Hybrid Touring Sports which was registered April 2014 and haven't had any 12v Battery problems. Was slightly concerned leaving it for nearly 3 weeks last May but in the end didn't have a problem. Took the precaution of turning all the interior lights off to be safe and then locked it with the metal key rather than the remote. Decided the risk of it not being alarmed was worth it and would reduce the current drain.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links