Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr

Balbir singh

Hello ive just purchased a 2011 2.2 diesel avensis t spirit top of range, i love this car but i cant afford the fuel , im getting 30 around town and 40- 41 on a run, is this normal, i purchased from main dealer foe £7200, im going to have to sell if i cant improve fuel consumption, its done 96000 miles and has full toyota service history.Can anyone help.

Hmm.. Fill up with VegOil* from Costco?

*check vehicle suitability first - no warranty implied/given with this advice :cool:

http://www.greasenergy-shop.com/epages/63102114.mobile/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/63102114/Products/48300T25/SubProducts/48300T25-0001&Locale=en_US

2sav

Moved to the Avensis club.

Balbir Singh, that's about the correct MPG for your car, the most I got from my 2012 Avensis was about 43MPG.

In my opinion the price was a bit high for a 2011 car with that mileage but that's just me..how many miles per year do you do a year? Is a diesel suitable for use if your just doing town driving? 

• Like 1

Automatic or manual transmission? I average ~42mpg (winter) - 45 (summer) in my manual.

The auto afaik is usually fitted with the thirstier 2AD-FHV rather than the 2AD-FTV fitted to the manual so you get a double whammy from thirstier engine & less efficient transmission.

As above bear in mind that with the current low temperatures fuel consumption will be a couple of mpg worse than in the summer. Also, if you are only doing short journeys then the engine will never reach proper operating temperature & fuel economy will be worse again.

• Like 1

You can possibly reset the computer by taking off the terminals from the Battery for 15-20mins then relearn it with your driving.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links