Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T25 Avensis key problem.

HectoH

Hi everyone.

So i bought old T25 avensis about week ago. First doors locked ok with remote but open only sometimes. So i think there is empty Battery and i bought new CR2016 and open that key.

Everything going fine and new Battery inside less than 1min.

But then camed problem: red light not even blink when i push those buttons.  It doesnt matter what button i push, red blink light not gonna show anymore so what i have to do ?

Is there some ideas what to do or do i really have to go at Toyota market and ask there.. (that costs lot of) :)

I cant program that key again becouse no light at all in key...?

Sorry my bad english, i hope u can understand what i try to tell :)

No sorry, but if it worked before changing the Battery it is probably something you have done check it carefully.

Hmm.. Maybe i have to change Battery again and if red light not blink when push those buttons i have to go Toyota shop ask some stupid questions :)

Thanks anyway for your help :)

With the first generation T22 Avensis, there was a section in the owners manual regarding re-syncing the key, after situations like changing batteries or if the key not functioning properly. I am not sure if the procedure made it to the T25. It is not on the T27. 

Thanks.

I try to get that manual in my hands and check that.

There is nothing like that in T25 owners manual.

If the light on the remote is not lighting then it is not working and in this case re syncing isn't the answer.

Problem solved.

Grundig !Removed! Battery got some problems. I checked that with electric meter and shows 3.18V so i think everything is fine.

But i test old Battery back and red light shows again so i drive to shop and bought new Panasonic CR2016 Battery and everything worked well.

So like u say maybe i got bad battery thats true, never again Grundig battery :)

Thanks a lot.  

• Like 1

Grundig are not good as they used to be, pleased you have it sorted.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links