Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis T25 body kit

LED-BOY

15 hours ago, Bempa said:

Are you going to make copies of this? 

46 minutes ago, LED-BOY said:

Of course. In this lip too many plaster and it's non flexible.

Bear in mind that you won't be able to sell copies via Toyota Owners Club unless you register as a trader.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Bear in mind that you won't be able to sell copies via Toyota Owners Club unless you register as a trader.

Of course! Don't worry.

It is still very far from that point. I describe the process of gradually to all readers understand the nuances. Now I'm just getting ready to make a replica for myself . This black detail it is impossible to put on the bumper. :))))

Don't park your car in parking bays that are angled and need (have) to be nose in to a pavement (there are a few of them around here with a 6 inch kerb) I habitually catch the standard front left corner underskirt on the kerb. You might just leave your body kit on the pavement kerb reversing out.

I've noticed several times the front ground clearance on the Mk2 Avensis is quite a bit less than some other comparable "family" cars.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Petlew said:

Don't park your car in parking bays that are angled and need (have) to be nose in to a pavement (there are a few of them around here with a 6 inch kerb) I habitually catch the standard front left corner underskirt on the kerb. You might just leave your body kit on the pavement kerb reversing out.

I've noticed several times the front ground clearance on the Mk2 Avensis is quite a bit less than some other comparable "family" cars.

Thanks!

ground clearance with this lip - 15 mm .

15mm ??!! that's about 1/2inch, did you mean 15cm. Unless you're planning on only driving on ice-rinks I wouldn't have thought British roads were that smooth for 15mm clearance, unless you actually like spending all your time repairing the underside of your body kit of course, not to mention you would never be able to go anywhere near a speed-bump or pot-hole.

But then maybe your undoubtedly well designed body kit is for looking at rather than for road use. Sorry to be critical I'm just a old fogey. It may look the part but not very practical.

Ah! that would make more sense...

The car modification fraternity do get up to some very weird and wonderful sometimes impracticalities.

I admit my education is sadly lacking in this area, but I'm always willing to be enlightened.

I wouldn't have guessed an Avensis would make suitable modification material, is it going to be the new Nissan Skyline.

10 hours ago, Petlew said:

15mm ??!! that's about 1/2inch, did you mean 15cm. Unless you're planning on only driving on ice-rinks I wouldn't have thought British roads were that smooth for 15mm clearance, unless you actually like spending all your time repairing the underside of your body kit of course, not to mention you would never be able to go anywhere near a speed-bump or pot-hole.

But then maybe your undoubtedly well designed body kit is for looking at rather than for road use. Sorry to be critical I'm just a old fogey. It may look the part but not very practical.

I mean minus 15 mm from the standard. The lower part of the lip closes black ailerons, which are attached at the bottom of the front bumper. I need this car for every day. P.S. I have for crazy weekend 2 celica GT-four ;) 

7 hours ago, Petlew said:

Ah! that would make more sense...

The car modification fraternity do get up to some very weird and wonderful sometimes impracticalities.

I admit my education is sadly lacking in this area, but I'm always willing to be enlightened.

I wouldn't have guessed an Avensis would make suitable modification material, is it going to be the new Nissan Skyline.

I think that many young will want to change their family cars.:))))

But practicality should remain. Therefore, plans small body kit, 17" Team Dynamics wheels  and some carbon parts inside. . .

On 2017-02-20 at 9:35 PM, LED-BOY said:

now ready for warnish

carbon fiber avensis T25.jpg

carbon fiber avensis T25-1.jpg

Will these still fit properly with the added thickness? I can see that the epoxy is a bit uneven, I guess that is tha nature of epoxy. But how do you adress that? Dou you sand it down and then polish?

• Like 1