Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Urban Cruiser GLow plug light showing when driven then turning off in a few mins

muki

Hi i have an Urban Cruiser which has recently had the glow plug light coming on for a few minutes and going of again whilst driving any ideas what this could be i would assume if there was an issue with the glow plugs it would stay on all the time.

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Thread moved to the Urban Cruiser club.

HI,

Today i was driving my Urban Cruiser and whilst i was driving the Glow Plug light came on it was the light which shows just before starting the car, it came on for a few minutes then went off, it hasn't  come on since what could this be? 

i took a pick luckily whilst it was on 

IMG_20170213_071256.jpg

The glow plug light coming on when driving is the car warning that there is a glow plug fault or if fitted that the DPF is filling up and needs regeneration:

Repeated short trips and/or low-speed driving may cause the engine oil change reminder light*1 to flash (oil degradation) earlier than usual regardless of the actual distance driven, necessitating more frequent oil changes. Therefore, a new system has been added and the ECU programming has been changed accordingly to alert the driver via the indicator of repeated short trips and/or low-speed driving. By performing the following procedures when the indicator light illuminates, you will be able to drive the vehicle for the applicable oil maintenance interval.

If the Glow plug indicator light comes on:

Engine preheating indicator

 Indicates that the DPF catalytic converter needs to be cleaned due to repeated short trips and/or low-speed driving.

 Indicates that the amount of accumulated deposits in the DPF catalytic converter has reached the specified level.

To clean the DPF catalytic converter, drive the vehicle at a speed of 65 km/h (40 mph) or greater for 20 to 30 minutes as much as possible until the indicator light turns off.*2 Do not turn off the engine as much as possible until the indicator light turns off. If it is not possible to drive the vehicle at speeds of 65 km/h (40 mph) or greater, or the indicator light does not turn off even after driving for more than 30 minutes, have the vehicle inspected by any authorized Toyota dealer or repairer, or another duly qualified and equipped professional.

Thank you the light hasnt come back on since also i have done some motorway driving lets see how it goes 

• 4 years later...

hi how did you solve this problem?

4 minutes ago, palinogo said:

hi how did you solve this problem?

See Devon Aygo's post of 13th February 2017 within this topic.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links