Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How to take off the Boot trim ?

Coolissimo

Hi , 

I have a bump in my door boot, it already came with the car when I bought it, and I am trying to see if I can sort it out by myself. But I am not able to take off the trim, as not sure if I am doing the right thing, I have not seen any tutorial for the Avensis on how to do it.  For what I could grasp there are 2 round fasteners, and seems I have to take it off and then take off the plastic trims, I tried to do that using a upholstery tool but it seemed to be to stuck so did not go to hard as  not sure how are the clamps and if it Could some one help me out ? I have post some pictures

Much appreciated

IMG_20170213_152014680.jpg

IMG_20170213_152043135_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170213_152052979_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170213_152101897_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170213_152111605_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170213_152119738_HDR.jpg

Personally I think you'll be wasting your time. Removing the trim will not provide sufficient access to knock the dent out from within. A professional body shop would not even bother. They would pull the dent out from outside using weld-on or glue-on keys. The former would require some paint spraying to an edge. Get a quote first - you may be surprised at the price.

Alternatively take some time to source a salvage tailgate of the same colour and just bolt it on.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gazza1286 said:

Personally I think you'll be wasting your time. Removing the trim will not provide sufficient access to knock the dent out from within. A professional body shop would not even bother. They would pull the dent out from outside using weld-on or glue-on keys. The former would require some paint spraying to an edge. Get a quote first - you may be surprised at the price.

Alternatively take some time to source a salvage tailgate of the same colour and just bolt it on.  

Thanks for your answer.